Congratulations~! Cockroach Labs !

程广卫

Feb 25, 2015, 2:44:06 AM2/25/15
to cockro...@googlegroups.com

Firstly, Congratulations !

Im David Cheng , from Huawei Technologies Co.,LTD. , focus on CockroachDB from Last year. I had create a meetup group at Beijing China, and had several talk of CockroachDB introduction to hundreds people in China. I had register cockroachdb.cn domain to introduce CockroachDB to Chinese .

Here is a workshop of Huawei STW 2015, We sincerely invite CEO and  VP of Cockroach Labs to participate in the Huawei the STW 2015 and make speech on May 19th to share CockroachDB with us. Please think about it, if you want more details , please contact me. Thanks.

Huawei STW(Strategy and Technology Workshop) is a conference focus on industry development and technology evolution. It is hosted by the Huawei Corporate Technology Strategy Department and Overseas Research Institutes. It has been successfully held six times since 2008. The top experts of Huawei's global R&D will gather here, discuss industry trends, share ideas with each other, and promote technology innovation and development of Huawei, as well as explore the cooperation opportunities.

The STW 2015 will be held on May 19th at Huawei Headquarter in Shenzhen, China. More than 200 Huawei technology experts and external experts will participate in the conference and share the opportunities and evolutions of IT and CT.

Yours Sincerely

David Cheng

Timothy Chen

Feb 25, 2015, 2:45:59 AM2/25/15
to 程广卫, cockro...@googlegroups.com
Just curious, who is the CEO and VP of Cockroach Labs?

Tim

程广卫

Feb 25, 2015, 3:12:30 AM2/25/15
to cockro...@googlegroups.com, happ...@gmail.com

CEO at Cockroach Labs, Inc.

VP of Engineering at Cockroach Labs

Timothy Chen

Feb 25, 2015, 3:56:44 AM2/25/15
to 程广卫, cockro...@googlegroups.com
Ah I didn't even realize there is company now!

Tim

Spencer Kimball

Feb 25, 2015, 9:43:00 AM2/25/15
to Timothy Chen, 程广卫, cockro...@googlegroups.com
Yes, it's very new (3 weeks old). We've just been fund raising in Silicon Valley. We'll be announcing the terms soon. At the moment, the company is just Peter, Ben and me, though we're looking to expand quickly. The biggest impetus in deciding to raise money and create a proper company is how much more quickly we'll be able to make Cockroach a world-class open source product. This way, everyone who's really passionate about solving this problem has a way to work on it full time, instead of just on nights and weekends.

Spencer

jo...@playlyfe.com

Mar 28, 2015, 11:29:23 AM3/28/15
to cockro...@googlegroups.com, tna...@gmail.com, happ...@gmail.com
It's great to know that your forming a company to support the database. I was really looking forward to shifting all our databases to foundationdb, but then apple acquired it, which really sucks. I since found cockroach db and admit that I'm impressed with what I've seen so far. I'm sure it would eventually become better than foundationdb ever was given the open source model.

I would love to know if you could give an approximate timeline for when we could expect a production ready release candidate. I'm also interested in being a contributor to the project and am currently doing a cursory read on the source.

Spencer Kimball

Mar 30, 2015, 11:32:18 AM3/30/15
to jo...@playlyfe.com, cockro...@googlegroups.com, Timothy Chen, 程广卫
Johny, happy you're interested. We're targeting our first production-ready release by EOQ3.