Deleting a student from a course

Thomas Judson

Oct 25, 2018, 11:18:40 AM10/25/18
to coc...@googlegroups.com, Brian Beavers, Sarah Stovall
We have students who have dropped a course and would like to know the best procedure for removing them from a course. Ideally, we would like them to be able to keep their project on the free server but not appear in the instructor’s course. What is the best way to proceed?

Thanks,
Tom

=========
Thomas W. Judson, Associate Professor
Stephen F. Austin State University
P.O. Box 13040-3040 SFA Station
Nacogdoches, TX 75962

OFFICE: 316 Math
TEL: (936) 468-1704
EMAIL: juds...@sfasu.edu

Aaron Tresham

Oct 25, 2018, 3:43:57 PM10/25/18
to CoCalc
If the instructor opens the course file and clicks on the student's name, you should see a "Delete" button over on the right side.

This will remove the student from the list (but it's easy to undelete if you need to - the student's information is not actually deleted completely).

Hal Snyder

Oct 25, 2018, 3:52:22 PM10/25/18
to CoCalc
What Aaron said. I'd add:

Upgrades applied by the instructor to the student project for the course are automatically removed when student is deleted. If student is added back (undeleted), upgrades to student project will have to be reapplied.

Wai Yan Pong

Dec 15, 2019, 2:52:30 PM12/15/19
to CoCalc
After clicking the "delete" button, the "yes" and "no" buttons to confirm/deny no longer shows (we are running the lastest CoCalc docker version locally)
We try that on both Chrome and Firefox.

See attached file. Seeking for advice and thanks in advance.
delete.png

William Stein

Dec 16, 2019, 1:33:13 PM12/16/19
to Wai Yan Pong, CoCalc
On Sun, Dec 15, 2019 at 11:52 AM Wai Yan Pong <wypo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> After clicking the "delete" button, the "yes" and "no" buttons to confirm/deny no longer shows (we are running the lastest CoCalc docker version locally)
> We try that on both Chrome and Firefox.
>
> See attached file. Seeking for advice and thanks in advance.

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this bug. It's now [1] and will get fixed ASAP.

There is a WORKAROUND: Hit "control (or command) minus" a bunch of
times on your keyboard to zoom way out (so the text is tiny) and
you'll see the delete button. Click it. Then zoom back to normal.

[1] This was caused by a recent change in CSS framework.
https://github.com/sagemathinc/cocalc/issues/4286

> On Thursday, October 25, 2018 at 12:52:22 PM UTC-7, Hal Snyder wrote:
>>
>> What Aaron said. I'd add:
>>
>> Upgrades applied by the instructor to the student project for the course are automatically removed when student is deleted. If student is added back (undeleted), upgrades to student project will have to be reapplied.
>>

>> On Thursday, October 25, 2018 at 2:43:57 PM UTC-5, Aaron Tresham wrote:
>>>
>>> If the instructor opens the course file and clicks on the student's name, you should see a "Delete" button over on the right side.
>>>
>>> This will remove the student from the list (but it's easy to undelete if you need to - the student's information is not actually deleted completely).

> --
> CoCalc: Collaborative Calculation in the Cloud -- https://cocalc.com
> ---

William (http://wstein.org)

William Stein

Dec 16, 2019, 2:39:16 PM12/16/19
to Wai Yan Pong, CoCalc, Hal Snyder
I fixed the bug. I'll see the fix whenever (1) Harald builds a new
docker image, and (2) you've updated to it.

William
--
William (http://wstein.org)

Wai Yan Pong

Dec 19, 2019, 9:38:35 AM12/19/19
to CoCalc
Thanks William for the fix. I can see that it's in the lastest version from git.

Hal Snyder

Dec 20, 2019, 10:16:10 AM12/20/19
to Wai Yan Pong, CoCalc
Docker images are updated. I've verified the fix for https://github.com/sagemathinc/cocalc/issues/4286 is in latest.