Swans in Fort Collins

Jeff Birek

Oct 30, 2014, 4:57:07 PM10/30/14
to cob...@googlegroups.com
I just got a call from someone at Fort Collins Parks Department. There are apparently 2 swans that have been hanging out at Fossil Creek Reservoir for the last couple days. The ID is uncertain, but hopefully someone has a chance to go check this out and get a photo.

Happy Birding!

Jeff Birek
Rocky Mountain Bird Observatory
Fort Collins, CO

Jeff Birek

Oct 30, 2014, 5:17:37 PM10/30/14
to cob...@googlegroups.com
Hey all,

I think these were actually 2 young Mute Swans at Fossil Creek Park. I forgot there were two parks/natural areas named Fossil Creek. I hope none of you are already looking for them at the reservoir! Nick Komar says that they have been there for the last couple days and don't have any signs of captive origin.

Thanks!