upcoming bird walk, Equalizer Lake (Larimer Co.)

Scott Baron

Oct 30, 2014, 11:06:53 AM10/30/14
to Colorado Birds, Kelley Jazdzewski, Pa...@rvhiker.com, jwt...@centurylink.net
Hi,

Join the High Plains Environmental Center for a morning of birding around Equalizer Lake in Loveland this Sunday Nov. 2.  We will walk approx. 2 miles on sidewalks and on level walking paths to observe gulls, waterfowl, sparrows and other birds.  The extensive mudflat at the south end of the reservoir usually attracts many birds.  The water bodies themselves should hold many waterbirds as well.

Meet at the parking lot at HPEC, which is located at 1854 Piney River Drive in the Centerra neighborhood in Loveland.  We will walk to the lake at 8am.  This area is easily reached from Rte. 34 exit of I-25.  The walk should end around 10:30.

Come out and join us for fall migration.

Scott Baron
Loveland, Colo.