Roughies and Swainson's in CO at same time

Leon Bright

Oct 7, 2015, 12:12:30 PM10/7/15
to COBIRDS

COBirders,

  Last Saturday I saw a late Swainson’s Hawk in Pueblo County.  For the subscribers to our list that are relatively new to birding, Swainson’s Hawks are generally well on their way to Argentina by this time in October.  The report of a sighting yesterday of an early Rough-legged Hawk is also unusual since they normally begin to arrive in Colorado around the end of the month or even later if it hasn’t turned very cold in Canada.  These blips on the migration screen are just another facet of the enthralling world of birds.

Leon Bright, Pueblo