Video clip of Olive-sided Flycatcher singing and calling multiple times

SeEttaM .

May 22, 2015, 10:47:36 PM5/22/15
to cob...@googlegroups.com
I forgot it takes longer to process video clips on Vimeo so just got the two video clips uploaded.  The first one is of one of more than 12 Olive-sided Flycatchers I have seen in the past 3 days while rainy and overcast weather conditions brought this and other neotropical migrants down and effectively grounded them here (apparently it cleared up overnight as most have moved on). While I heard the 'quick 3 beers/free beer' song from several of these flycatchers this one sang it's 'free beer' song and gave it's 'pip,pip,pip' call frequently that I picked up in this short video clip. Interestingly 'Birds of North America' online indicates they sing when they get to their breeding territory and that their song is 'occasionally heard during non-breeding season'.   I also have a second video clip without vocalizations but very close views of this bird as it checks out it's surroundings in search of food and several still pics.  I certainly enjoyed finding and observing so many of these birds as they are listed as apriority species for conservation on Partners in Flight National Watch List

SeEtta Moss
Canon City
http://BirdsAndNature.blogspot.com