Yard Bird #50. Virginia's warbler - Longmont

Dave Hyde

May 18, 2015, 12:32:24 PM5/18/15
to Colorado Birders
Saturday morning I spotted a Virginia's warbler from my yard in the middle of Longmont! Bird #50 in 2 1/2 years. Love this rainy weather - Dave Hyde/Longmont near the cemetary

Dave Hyde

May 22, 2015, 11:04:27 PM5/22/15
to Colorado Birders
The excitement is continuous in my yard! Unable to get out in the field much I've been paying closer attention to the birds at home and have added three more to my yard list this week! First a Swainson's thrush (#51), then next day as I was pointing out to Patti through the window where I spotted the Swainson's thrush on my neighbor's fence, a little grey, olive and yellow warbler with broken eye-ring popped up not more that 5 feet from me through the window. A MacGillivray's warbler! (#52) Spurred into activity by this fine spot I actually went outside near dusk and heard something that sounded like a robin but was not. It took me a half hour to glimpse this bird high in a tree in the gloom: orange belly, pale tail, large white patch on dark wing! A Bullock's oriole! And earlier in the day I'd counted six Chipping sparrows (but I'd spotted them at home last year)... So, up to Yard Bird #53 now. Wish the sun would come out, though... Happy birding to all - Dave Hyde/Longmont near the cemetery

Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 15:06:24 -0600
Subject: Re: [cobirds] Yard Bird #50. Virginia's warbler - Longmont
From: she...@gmail.com
To: pink...@hotmail.com