Lewis's Woodpecker etc., Ken Caryl Valley, Jefferson Co

David Suddjian

Jan 26, 2015, 12:08:46 AM1/26/15
to Colorado Birds
This afternoon (1/25) I was surprised to see a Lewis's Woodpecker flew into a cottonwood along Massey Draw upstream of Valley Parkway in Ken Caryl Valley. After a time it flew off toward the north.A hatch-year Harris's Sparrow closer to Valley Parkway was continuing from late fall. A flock of 47 Bushtits in that area was large by Colorado standards, I think...counted one by one as they trickled between trees. A couple more modest-sized flocks regularly roam through the general area. Maybe they joined up?

David Suddjian
Littleton, CO