From Eastern Bluebirds to Western Tanagers today at Pathfinder Park east of Canon City

SeEttaM .

May 23, 2015, 1:46:28 AM5/23/15
to cob...@googlegroups.com
The sky apparently cleared enough for many of the neotropical migrants present in the Canon City area yesterday to continue their migration as Canon City Riverwalk near Sell's Lake was pretty quiet this morning with no sign of the many warblers Brandon found yesterday.  However Pathfinder Park was still quite active:  2 Eastern Bluebirds by the entry road; at least one remaining Olive-sided Flycatcher, several remaining Wood-pewees (now most singing and identifiable as Western Wood-pewees); Eastern, Western and Cassin's Kingbird; an Ash-throated Flycatcher; a few Yellow-rumped and Yellow Warblers, and the sound of a Canyon Wren calling from the cliffs across the river resonating through the area.  I have uploaded pics of the Eastern Bluebirds and a Western Tanager to my Birds and Nature blog.

And I believe I saw the odd empid reported by Brandon Percival yesterday--it was above me but sure looked to have a yellow throat but could not from my view see other features. And it was in same area he saw it in.  Hmmm.

SeEtta Moss
Canon City
http://BirdsAndNature.blogspot.com