Short-eared Owl/Larimer

The "Nunn Guy"

Mar 2, 2015, 10:45:13 AM3/2/15
to cob...@googlegroups.com
Hi all

My wife and I ventured out for the owls yesterday.  In the AM no luck.  At 6:10PM-ish there were six cars waiting for the owls in various places along Buckeye Road.  A few of us, headlights off, agreed to flash headlights if seen--that system worked.  They appeared in their normal place 2086 Buckeye Rd--a birder acquaintance of mine lives there--one jumping up from the field.  As that one flew east to slight ridge near Rawhide Plant wind break another one appeared interacting with it.

Note:  That birder acquaintance of mine also mentioned during the third week of April these same fields bring many (dozens+) Long-billed Curlews during spring something to keep in mind.

Also, two Lapland Longspur continue at Weld CR 33 in Nunn btw WCR 100/WCR 98--walking the area is best to hear and find them.

Thanks Gary Lefko, Nunn
http://coloradobirder.ning.com/
Mobile:  http://coloradobirder.ning.com/m