"Birding Makes The Cover of Sports Illustrated!"

The "Nunn Guy"

Jul 25, 2012, 11:23:25 AM7/25/12
to cob...@googlegroups.com
Okay-it happened in 1955 but it is something we can hang our hat on!  :-)

https://twitter.com/si_vault/status/184677583139504129/photo/1

Thanks Gary Lefko, Nunn
http://coloradobirder.ning.com/
Mobile:  http://coloradobirder.ning.com/m

The "Nunn Guy"

Jul 25, 2012, 4:11:48 PM7/25/12
to cob...@googlegroups.com
If you wish a copy of the aforementioned SI birding issue cover ... here's how:

"Gary, I was wrong in my earlier email. We have a site (sicovers.com) where you can purchase a 11x 14 copy of that for about $20. Unfortunately, it's not currently on the site but our photo rights person is adding it in the next day or two (you're not the first person to ask). So bookmark that site, go back to it on, say, Friday and you should be all set. If not, let me know and I'll figure out why it's not working.

Apologies for that email earlier. I didn't realize covers were different than photos that appear in the mag.

Thanks.
Andy Gray
Special Projects Producer, SI.com
212-522-1270 | gray54321 (AIM)"

Scott Severs

Jul 26, 2012, 12:21:06 PM7/26/12
to cob...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Gary for sharing!

The SI cover illustration is by the great Arthur Singer - of Golden Guide fame (any many other great books) and together with his son did the 50 state birds and flowers stamps. Plus some of those great National Geographic posters that some of us hung on our bedroom walls.

Best,

Scott Severs
Longmont

Dave Cameron

Jul 26, 2012, 11:58:09 PM7/26/12
to cob...@googlegroups.com
Wow-- 1955.  The year my parents were married, and the year my house was built.  How can I not buy the SI birding issue of the same year?!

Dave Cameron