High School Programming Contest

Andrew Burt

Mar 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/18/97

Thirteenth Annual High School
Computer Programming Contest
conducted by

The Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
at
The University of Denver

on
Saturday, April 19, 1997
between
9:00 A.M. and 2:00 P.M.

The University of Denver is returning for the thirteenth
year to conduct a programming contest for teams from High
Schools in Colorado, Kansas, Nebraska, New Mexico, and Wyom-
ing. The contest will be held at D.U. on April 19. Based
on past experience, we expect another outstanding event with
challenging problems.

This year Microsoft has donated over $2,000 worth of
software to award as prizes. For the first time, we will
also be awarding prizes to second and third place teams.

There is an entry fee of $50 for each team, which includes
high quality T-shirts, donuts, refreshments, and lunch for
the team members and sponsor. We expect more entries than
we can accommodate and will only accept entries until full
(entries _must_ be accompanied by payment to be considered).
Entry form and payment may also be made via the contest web
page (this method is highly encouraged!), at
http://www.cs.du.edu/users/contest/entry.html.

The contest will be held at the University of Denver.
Further contest information (such as how to get here) will
be sent to each school that enters a team.

Contest rules are enclosed, as is an entry form. If either
are missing please call the number below.

THE ENTRY FORM AND FEE MUST BE RECEIVED BY MARCH 24 OR UNTIL
FULL, WHICHEVER COMES FIRST.

For more information call Andrew Burt, Mario Lopez, or Ramki
Thurimella at (303)871-3344. Our Fax number is (303)871- 3010.
Email to con...@cs.du.edu, or see the web page at
http://www.cs.du.edu/users/contest.

[This notice was mailed to high schools some time ago, but is being posted
now, as the deadline approaches, to remind teachers and/or students.]
--
Prof. Andrew Burt http://www.cs.du.edu/users/aburt ab...@du.edu

"Oh, what sad times are these when passing
ruffians can say 'Ni' at will to old ladies."