ClusterHAT 2.4 Review

Rudi Prinsloo

Mar 3, 2020, 2:27:42 AM3/3/20
to ClusterHAT
Greetings,

I just want to report that I am a very happy owner of the ClusterHAT v2.4.

It works flawlessly connected to my Pi4. I love that I can switch the cluster on and off out of band over i2c and that I can connect to the serial interface of each Pi Zero.

I'm currently running Docker Swarm on my cluster with Pimoroni BLINKT! light strips attached to each Pi Zero. Each light shows the running state of a container. In my demo I run up 32 containers and then proceed to update them live to a newer version. It looks great when the lights start to change colour, indicating the upgrade process in action. I have also encased it in a mini cluster rack with five volt fan soldered onto the ClusterHAT, and soon I will be adding UPS power and SSD storage.

Thanks for this great product!

Rudi

IMG_20191212_204554_754.jpg

IMG_20200228_085931_840.jpg

nimrod....@gmail.com

Aug 27, 2020, 11:28:13 AM8/27/20
to ClusterHAT
do you have any guide for this? i just want to learn running docker swarm on this cluster hat.

Peter Cross

Aug 27, 2020, 12:58:36 PM8/27/20
to clust...@googlegroups.com
I created this from multiple guides on the internet and from many posts in this forum.

Cheers!

Peter J. Cross
San Antonio, TX

-James Madison, Federalist Paper No. 51

Raspberry PI Docker installation on Clusterhat platform.pdf

Rudi Prinsloo

Aug 27, 2020, 6:32:42 PM8/27/20
to clust...@googlegroups.com
That's a very cool guide Peter, thanks for sharing!

Rudi

Here is my latest addition, Tesla powered UPS good for 1 hour runtime.

IMG_20200710_094203 (2).jpg