New Nodes at Clemson: 64-core AMD, 2 GPUs, 512 GB RAM, BlueField2 (soon)

Robert Ricci

Jul 22, 2020, 5:46:14 PM7/22/20
to cloudla...@googlegroups.com
Fifteen new nodes of type `r7525` are now available in the CloudLab
Clemson cluster. Each node has two 32-core AMD EPYC Rome processors,
half a TB of RAM, and two NVIDIA GV100GL (Tesla) GPUs. Right now, each
has one 25Gbps NIC. Soon, these machines will also have 100Gbps Mellanox
BlueField2 programmable NICs. However, due to supply shortages, we are
still waiting for these NICs to ship.

More details can be found in the Clemson portion of hardware chapter in
the CloudLab manual:

https://docs.cloudlab.us/hardware.html#%28part._cloudlab-clemson%29

jli...@ucsc.edu

Nov 24, 2020, 12:52:43 AM11/24/20
to cloudlab-users
Hi,

Do you have an ETA on when the BlueField2 NICs will be available?

Thanks,
Jianshen

Robert Ricci

Nov 24, 2020, 12:32:59 PM11/24/20
to cloudla...@googlegroups.com
Any day now! We have them installed and wired up, and should be
announcing their availability soon!