Mailgun DKIM - Invalid Record

Noel McKeown

Oct 3, 2019, 6:17:03 AM10/3/19
to cloud-dns-discuss
Hello,

I'm trying to verify a sub-domain on mailgun to use their mail relay.

It wont let me add MX records or the DKIM TXT record ( I already have MX record for primary domain for gsuite).

My main issue is not adding the DKIM.
It warns of whitespace when I paste and Invalid record data when I try to add!

I have tried to quote the text, delimiter for whitespace but not getting it to take.
its in format:

"k=rsa; p=MIIB......"

Any help appreciated. Thanks

Noel McKeown

Oct 3, 2019, 6:37:04 AM10/3/19
to cloud-dns-discuss
I got my MX records working, I for got to add the priority. You add them like so

I'm still stuck adding the DKIM!

Noel McKeown

Oct 3, 2019, 6:51:30 AM10/3/19
to cloud-dns-discuss
So the DKIM issue was the large key 2048.
There is a char limit on TXT records so you need select the smaller 1024 key.

On Thursday, 3 October 2019 11:17:03 UTC+1, Noel McKeown wrote:
Message has been deleted

mohibul

Oct 3, 2019, 8:12:12 PM10/3/19
to cloud-dns-discuss

Hello,

I assume you are trying to implement DKIM in Google Cloud DNS as you have created this issue in cloud-dns-discuss Group.

As per our public documentation[1], there are three kinds of TXT records including DKIM that could be used to secure your e-mail services and prevent spammers and scammers from sending an e-mail that appears to come from your domain.

Regarding your issue on character limit on TXT records and requirement to select the smaller 1024 key, as per our 'Update DNS records for a subdomain’ documentation link[2]:

If your domain provider limits the size of the TXT record value to 255 characters, you can't enter the DKIM key as a single entry in the DNS records. In this case, split the key into multiple quoted text strings and enter them together in the TXT record value field. For example, split the DKIM key into two parts as follows:

"k=rsa; p=MIIBIjANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQEFAAOCAQ8AMIIBCgKCAQEAraC3pqvqTkAfXhUn7Kn3JUNMwDkZ65ftwXH58anno/bElnTDAd/idk8kWpslrQIMsvVKAe+mvmBEnpXzJL+0LgTNVTQctUujyilWvcONRd/z37I34y6WUIbFn4ytkzkdoVmeTt32f5LxegfYP4P/"

"w7QGN1mOcnE2Qd5SKIZv3Ia1p9d6uCaVGI8brE/7zM5c/zMthVPE2WZKA28+QomQDH7ludLGhXGxpc7kZZCoB5lQiP0o07Ful33fcED73BS9Bt1SNhnrs5v7oq1pIab0LEtHsFHAZmGJDjybPA7OWWaV3L814r/JfU2NK1eNu9xYJwA8YW7WosL45CSkyp4QeQIDAQAB"

[1] https://cloud.google.com/dns/docs/dnssec-advanced#spf-dkim-dmarc

[2] https://support.google.com/a/answer/177063?hl=en&ref_topic=2752442