simulate ddos attack

Prashant Chauhan

Feb 27, 2012, 2:14:01 PM2/27/12
to cloud-c...@googlegroups.com
hi anyone can guide me how can i simulate ddos attack

and i want further use honeypot for detect attack and overcome from it,

Thanks

loadrunn...@jamespulley.com

Feb 27, 2012, 3:10:18 PM2/27/12
to cloud-c...@googlegroups.com
Not knowing who you are answering something like this has an equal chance
of handing a machine gun to
* A child
* A criminal
* A responsible student of Firearms

I would suggest you work with your company's Chief Security Officer or
other member of your security staff for this type of information. If you
are without access to these individuals to address your questions you may
want to turn to the CISSP common body of knowledge for in-depth
information on these topics.

James Pulley
CTO, NewCOE Performance Engineering

> --
> ~~~~~
> Register to attend Cloud Slam 2012 Cloud Conference
> http://cloudslam.eventbrite.com

> Download hundreds of recorded cloud sessions at
> - http://cloudslam.org/register
> - http://up-con.com/register
> - http://cloudslam09.com/content/registration-5.html
> - http://cloudslam10.com/content/registration
>
> or get it on DVD at
> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002H07SEC,
> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004L1755W,
> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002H0IW1U
>
> ~~~~~
> "Cloud Computing" group.
> cloud-computi...@googlegroups.com

Sami Lehtinen

Apr 11, 2012, 11:57:53 AM4/11/12
to cloud-c...@googlegroups.com
Honeypot doesn't solve your problem in this case. It's totally wrong approach for ddos attack.

But for generic ddos protection tips and discussion check this out:
http://ask.slashdot.org/story/12/04/09/2235242/ask-slashdot-experience-handling-ddos-attacks-on-a-mid-tier-site

Best regards,
Sami Lehtinen

Gabriel Pugliese

Apr 11, 2012, 1:16:58 PM4/11/12
to cloud-c...@googlegroups.com
I was reading AWS security white paper and they say:
"Distributed Denial Of Service (DDoS) Attacks
AWS Application Programming Interface (API) endpoints are hosted on large, Internet-scale, world-class infrastructure
that benefits from the same engineering expertise that has built Amazon into the world’s largest online retailer.
Proprietary DDoS mitigation techniques are used. Additionally, AWS’s networks are multi-homed across a number of
providers to achieve Internet access diversity."

I think it's always good to know if your provider offers these kind of services before hiring it.

Regards,
--

Gabriel Pugliese
+55 11 9374-2720

--
~~~~~
Register to attend Cloud Slam 2012 Cloud Conference