Updated maven support for closure-compiler

Paul Lindner

Apr 3, 2014, 8:59:56 PM4/3/14
to closure-comp...@googlegroups.com
Huzzah, native maven support has landed in the closure-compiler tree.  I would appreciate any feedback so we can release maven artifacts for the next major release.  Here are some notes on the new support:

BUILD/INSTALL

Execute

  mvn install

to create a local 1.0-SNAPSHOT release from the source tree.  By default this compiles the code, copies files and runs the test suite.  Add -DskipTests=true if you don't want to run tests.

ARTIFACTS

The new artifacts are
   closure-compiler-parent -- common definitions used by modules.
   closure-compiler-rhino  -- The rhino fork used by closure-compiler.
   closure-compiler-externs -- The externs code  (If you want you could override this target in your build)
   closure-compiler -- everything else

Note that these jars do not contain the ant plugin, the command line, or an executable uber-jar.  If time permits I'll try to add these features too.

OTHER NOTES
- Dependencies were all updated to the proper versions.
- The old ant-based maven build process has been removed.
- I'll set up a jenkins instance to push out snapshots (and to catch build breakages since this isn't yet integrated into Google's internal test suite.)

Tim Visher

Apr 3, 2014, 9:44:27 PM4/3/14
to closure-comp...@googlegroups.com
Great news! Thanks so much, Paul!
> --
>
> ---

Thomas Meyer

Apr 4, 2014, 3:23:08 AM4/4/14
to closure-comp...@googlegroups.com, plin...@google.com
Thank you so much, I hope we can try it out today and give you feedback!