Closure Compiler v20140110 released!

Ben Lickly

Jan 15, 2014, 1:06:00 PM1/15/14
to closure-comp...@googlegroups.com
Downloads:
* http://dl.google.com/closure-compiler/compiler-latest.zip
* http://dl.google.com/closure-compiler/compiler-latest.tar.gz

Release Notes:
http://code.google.com/p/closure-compiler/wiki/Releases

Changes:
* New pass: GatherExternProperties.
* Deleted the RemoveTryCatch pass.
* Includes a work-in-progress new type inference pass.
* Warn about invalid use of id generators.
* Add support for a strict-mode compatible version of goog.base.
* Don't warn about ES3-incompatible property names in externs files.
* Warn about the right class in private-property-access warnings.
* Improvements to the fuzzer.
* Fixed issues: 1056, 1131, 1135, 1144, 1147, 1157, 1160, 1166, 1168, 1189.

Si Robertson

Jan 18, 2014, 10:25:18 AM1/18/14
to closure-comp...@googlegroups.com
Is there any more information available regarding the new "gather extern properties" pass, and the new "type inference" pass? It would be nice to know what these actually do and how to use them :-)

Dimitris Vardoulakis

Jan 20, 2014, 11:41:05 AM1/20/14
to closure-comp...@googlegroups.com
For the new type inference, the only information you need to know for now is this :P
Hopefully it will be ready to use in the next 2-3 months.

The "gather extern properties" pass is meant to be used by other passes, not by users of the compiler.

--

---

Dimitris

Thomas Meyer

Jan 21, 2014, 7:19:46 AM1/21/14
to closure-comp...@googlegroups.com
Thanks! Are you going to make this release available in the Maven Central Repository?

Paul Lindner

Jan 21, 2014, 8:44:27 AM1/21/14
to closure-comp...@googlegroups.com
I'll have a new maven release this week..
--

---

Paul Lindner

Feb 20, 2014, 4:48:33 PM2/20/14
to Paul Lindner, closure-comp...@googlegroups.com
Sorry about the delays folks..  My day-job has been a bit demanding of late and it appears I've forgotten most of my maven mojo in the meantime.  I spent a few hours getting things going.  I'm starting to commit changes to my branch here:

Things left to do:
 - javadoc/source artifacts
 - fix the tests that are failing.
 - figure out if I need a full blown assembly or if I can get by with some other way.
 - 'mo plugins
 - get integration test running inside google so it doesn't break.

Guido Tapia

Mar 3, 2014, 4:23:54 PM3/3/14
to closure-comp...@googlegroups.com
FYI All,

The link to download the compiler on this page:

Is broken.  Returns an empty zip.

Ben Lickly

Mar 3, 2014, 4:41:29 PM3/3/14
to closure-comp...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the report!
This is now fixed.

Jan Badenhorst

Mar 4, 2014, 8:24:09 AM3/4/14
to closure-comp...@googlegroups.com
Is there something I'm missing here? With latest compiler an latest library I seem to get a lot of warnings for the library itself. I'm not even sure if this needs to be asked here or in the library group :) Or is this just the result of rapid development on both components? Here are some examples:

closure-library/closure/goog/fs/error.js:48: WARNING - Property code of type goog.fs.Error has been deprecated: Use the 'name' or 'message' field instead.
  this.code;
  ^

closure-library/closure/goog/fs/error.js:54: WARNING - Property code never defined on DOMError
    this.code = error.code;
                ^

closure-library/closure/goog/fs/filereader.js:152: WARNING - actual parameter 1 of goog.fs.Error does not match formal parameter
found   : FileError
required: DOMError
      new goog.fs.Error(this.reader_.error, 'reading file');
                        ^

closure-library/closure/goog/promise/thenable.js:45: WARNING - Bad type annotation. Unknown type IThenable
 *             (RESULT|IThenable.<RESULT>|Thenable))=} opt_onFulfilled A
                       ^

closure-library/third_party/closure/goog/mochikit/async/deferred.js:473: WARNING - property then not defined on any superclass of goog.async.Deferred
goog.async.Deferred.prototype.then = function(opt_onFulfilled, opt_onRejected,
^

Tyler Breisacher

Mar 4, 2014, 12:01:48 PM3/4/14
to closure-comp...@googlegroups.com
1. The 'code' field of goog.fs.Error is indeed deprecated. I thought we had fixed things up so you wouldn't get deprecation warnings from within Closure itself. I'll look into that.

2. IThenable is defined in the externs at head: https://code.google.com/p/closure-compiler/source/browse/externs/html5.js#3161 but not in the latest compiler release (which was a couple months ago). So you may be able to get rid of the warning by passing --externs=html5.js to the compiler, or building the compiler from head, or just wait until the next compiler release (stay tuned!) and you'll get the newest version of the default externs automatically.

Tyler Breisacher

Mar 4, 2014, 12:14:56 PM3/4/14
to closure-comp...@googlegroups.com
The first warning, we might be able to get rid of in the compiler (it thinks we're reading a deprecated field but we're actually just declaring it) so I've filed https://code.google.com/p/closure-compiler/issues/detail?id=1267.

The second one looks like a similar problem to the IThenable thing: The code field is defined at https://code.google.com/p/closure-compiler/source/browse/externs/fileapi.js#459 but the latest compiler release probably doesn't have that.