ANN: ClojureScript 0.0-2030, core.async compatibility

David Nolen

Nov 8, 2013, 6:11:06 PM11/8/13
to clojure, clojur...@googlegroups.com
ClojureScript, the Clojure compiler that emits JavaScript source code.

New release version: 0.0-2030

Leiningen dependency information:

    [org.clojure/clojurescript "0.0-2030"]

This release is mostly to address compatability issues with the latest
release of core.async.

Bug fixes:
* CLJS-663: keyword too permissive on inputs
* CLJS-660: keyword fn behavior inconsistent with Clojure
* CLJS-528: Warns on any attempted extension of protocols
  to base JavaScript types, using the new warning system.

Joe Smith

Nov 8, 2013, 6:51:32 PM11/8/13
to David Nolen, clojure, clojur...@googlegroups.com
Thanks- addresses my duplicate bug!

---
Joseph Smith
@solussd

---

Tim Visher

Nov 14, 2013, 4:10:45 PM11/14/13
to clojur...@googlegroups.com, clojure
Figure I'd ask this on this thread since it's the latest public release.

I'm trying to get relative source maps to work and I'm not sure if I'm
doing something wrong or there's a bug.

I have the following entry in my [project.clj][] `cljsbuild` section
with `0.0-2030` in my deps:

{:id "advanced"
:source-paths ["src/cljs"]
:compiler {:pretty-print false
:output-to "resources/public/js/bible-plan.js"
:output-dir "resources/public/js"
:source-map "resources/public/js/bible-plan.js.map"
:externs ["externs/bible-plan-bibles-externs.js"]
:optimizations :advanced}}

The effect that I would expect that to have would be to output
`bible-plan.js` into `resources/public/js` with the line `//#
sourceMappingURL=bible-plan.js.map` at the bottom, and
`bible-plan.js.map` into `resources/public/js`, and indeed it does.

The contents of [`bible-plan.js.map`][], however, I would expect to
have entries like:

["goog/base.js",
"goog/string/string.js",
"goog/debug/error.js",
"goog/asserts/asserts.js",
"goog/array/array.js",
"goog/object/object.js",

In it, because the all the files are being output to common directory.

Instead, it contains:

["resources/public/js/goog/base.js",
"resources/public/js/goog/string/string.js",
"resources/public/js/goog/debug/error.js",
"resources/public/js/goog/asserts/asserts.js",
"resources/public/js/goog/array/array.js",
"resources/public/js/goog/object/object.js",

Which doesn't then resolve automatically because it becomes
`js/resources/public/js/…` in the resulting server.

Is this the intended behavior?

[project.clj]: https://github.com/timvisher/bible-plan/blob/source-maps/project.clj#L36-L53
[`bible-plan.js.map`]:
https://github.com/timvisher/bible-plan/blob/source-maps/resources/public/js/bible-plan.js.map

--

In Christ,

Timmy V.

http://blog.twonegatives.com/
http://five.sentenc.es/ -- Spend less time on mail

David Nolen

Nov 15, 2013, 1:05:48 AM11/15/13
to clojur...@googlegroups.com
My last post about changing the behavior of :output-dir and :source-map is meant to address this.

David

Tim Visher

Nov 15, 2013, 9:20:39 AM11/15/13
to clojur...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 1:05 AM, David Nolen <dnolen...@gmail.com> wrote:
> My last post about changing the behavior of :output-dir and :source-map is
> meant to address this.

I don't know if you've already got changes in the works for it, but is
this sort of patch along the right lines? I didn't want to go a whole
lot further since it sounds like you might already be working on it.

https://github.com/timvisher/clojurescript/compare/fix-source-map-relativizing