ANN: ClojureScript 0.0-2301, Transducers!

David Nolen

Aug 7, 2014, 5:08:16 PM8/7/14
to clojur...@googlegroups.com, clojure
ClojureScript, the Clojure compiler that emits JavaScript source code.

README and source code: https://github.com/clojure/clojurescript

New release version: 0.0-2301

Leiningen dependency information:

[org.clojure/clojurescript "0.0-2301"]

The primary reason for this release is the inclusion of the Clojure
tranducers work.

### Changes
* transducers

### Fixes
* eliminate dead branches in conditionals to prevent Closure warnings
* bad var resolution if local contained `.`

David Nolen

Aug 7, 2014, 6:56:28 PM8/7/14
to clojur...@googlegroups.com, clojure
I just cut 0.0-2307, the only change is that the compiler now
optimizes anonymous multi-arity fns which results in a big performance
boost to transducer code.

David

Frank Versnel

Aug 9, 2014, 6:53:47 AM8/9/14
to clojur...@googlegroups.com, clo...@googlegroups.com

Hi David,

Leiningen couldn't find this version on clojars/maven central. Any other repository I might need to add to get access to super early clojurescript builds?

Cheers,
Frank

Nicola Mometto

Aug 9, 2014, 7:00:47 AM8/9/14
to clojur...@googlegroups.com, clo...@googlegroups.com

I can confirm, there seem to be problem fetching clojurescript versions
0.0-2301 and 0.0-2307.

Browsing the Central repo the files are there:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/clojure/clojurescript/0.0-2301/
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/clojure/clojurescript/0.0-2307/

But the maven-metadata.xml file hasn't indexed them:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/clojure/clojurescript/maven-metadata.xml

Curtis Summers

Aug 9, 2014, 9:41:34 AM8/9/14
to clojur...@googlegroups.com, clo...@googlegroups.com
I think this may be a cache issue with the central repo. I can both see the file via browsing and they are in the index for me, but the actual jar file brings up a 404:

http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/clojure/clojurescript/0.0-2307/clojurescript-0.0-2307.jar

However, appending a junk query string on the url correctly downloads the jar:

http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/clojure/clojurescript/0.0-2307/clojurescript-0.0-2307.jar?cache-is-broken

It looks like this is being served up via varnish cache. The jar url is somehow cached as a 404. Depending on your location and the various central repo caches, you may be seeing different results (e.g., the index not listing the versions).

Anybody know who to contact at central repo?

--Curtis

Alex Miller

Aug 9, 2014, 10:52:39 AM8/9/14
to clojur...@googlegroups.com, clo...@googlegroups.com
I will file an issue - thanks for the analysis!

Alex

Rick B

Aug 9, 2014, 11:03:57 AM8/9/14
to clojur...@googlegroups.com, clo...@googlegroups.com
There was a cache issue for the maven-metadata.xml and the possibly the jar files for 0.0-2301 and 0.0-2307. We have purged our CDN cache for those files which should have resolved it. If not, please let us know.

Rick

Paul Burt

Aug 9, 2014, 11:18:13 AM8/9/14
On Saturday, 9 August 2014 16:03:57 UTC+1, Rick B wrote:
> There was a cache issue for the maven-metadata.xml and the possibly the jar files for 0.0-2301 and 0.0-2307. We have purged our CDN cache for those files which should have resolved it. If not, please let us know.

The issue is resolved for me now. Thanks!

Curtis Summers

Aug 9, 2014, 11:24:17 AM8/9/14
to clojur...@googlegroups.com, clo...@googlegroups.com
The issue is resolved for me also.  Thanks!

--Curtis

---

Leon Grapenthin

Aug 9, 2014, 4:52:54 PM8/9/14
to clojur...@googlegroups.com, clo...@googlegroups.com
This release somehow breaks piggieback 0.1.3.

A production project:
lein repl

at clojure.main.<clinit>(main.java:20)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to resolve var: reader/*alias-map* in this context, compiling:(cljs/analyzer.clj:1525:11)

This vanishes when I remove piggieback from the projects dependencies.

I tried to reproduce the problem in a lein new project with Clojure 1.7.0-alpha1, clojurescript 2307 and piggieback 1.0.3 where I get a different error:

Error loading cemerick.piggieback: java.io.FileNotFoundException: Could not locate clojure/tools/reader__init.class or clojure/tools/reader.clj on classpath: , compiling:(cemerick/piggieback.clj:1:1)

I can then add clojure.tools.reader to dependencies and it will go on about data.json missing. If I also add this, it complains about com.google.common.collect.ImmutableList missing.

Bronsa

Aug 10, 2014, 5:14:18 PM8/10/14
to clojur...@googlegroups.com
Looks like it's broken again for 0.0-2311, this time maven-metadata.xml shows it but the jars are not there. I can see them if I work around the cache.

Another report: http://dev.clojure.org/jira/browse/CLJS-838

---

Makoto Hashimoto

Aug 10, 2014, 9:08:50 PM8/10/14
to clojur...@googlegroups.com
I am facing the same problem.
I can see the entries in the maven repo.

../

clojurescript-0.0-2311-sources.jar.md5             09-Aug-2014 23:28                  32
clojurescript-0.0-2311-sources.jar.sha1            09-Aug-2014 23:28                  40
clojurescript-0.0-2311.jar                         09-Aug-2014 23:28              159659
clojurescript-0.0-2311.jar.asc                     09-Aug-2014 23:28                 481

However contents are enptiy(404).

Makoto

Alex Miller

Aug 11, 2014, 9:15:07 AM8/11/14
to clojur...@googlegroups.com

Ivan Mikushin

Aug 11, 2014, 9:35:19 AM8/11/14
to clojur...@googlegroups.com, clo...@googlegroups.com
The same issue (and workaround) applies to clojurescript-0.0.2311

Alex Miller

Aug 11, 2014, 10:50:30 AM8/11/14
to clojur...@googlegroups.com, clo...@googlegroups.com
Sonatype reports the cache has been purged and it should be working again. Seems to be for me.