ANN: ClojureScript 0.0-1885 (Source maps!)

David Nolen

Sep 15, 2013, 2:48:46 PM9/15/13
to clojure, clojur...@googlegroups.com
ClojureScript, the Clojure compiler that emits JavaScript source code.

The biggest change in this release thanks to Sean Grove - much improved source maps. You can provide a :source-map option to the compiler to name the source map file. Feedback on this significant enhancement welcome.

README and source code: https://github.com/clojure/clojurescript

New release version: 0.0-1885

Leiningen dependency information:

    [org.clojure/clojurescript "0.0-1885"]

Enhancements:
* Accurate source maps!

Changes:
* cljs.core/format based on goog.string/format backed out
* set-print-fn! no longer exported

Fixes:
* CLJS-588: allow upstream :foreign-libs to be used

Shantanu Kumar

Sep 15, 2013, 6:04:44 PM9/15/13
to clojur...@googlegroups.com, clojure
Thanks for this significant release!

Will `format` make a comeback in a future release?

Shantanu

David Nolen

Sep 15, 2013, 6:46:47 PM9/15/13
to clojur...@googlegroups.com
If we get a patch for `format` that doesn't rely on Google Closure's goog.string.format. Ideally this patch allows for extension so that more of the expected functionality from the Clojure's format can be provided.

David

---

David Nolen

Sep 15, 2013, 6:47:30 PM9/15/13
to clojure, clojur...@googlegroups.com
1889 released, all changes are to make it easier to test the source map functionality. I've blogged some basic instructions here http://swannodette.github.io/2013/09/15/source-maps/

Feedback welcome!

Marco Munizaga

Sep 16, 2013, 1:58:42 AM9/16/13
to clojur...@googlegroups.com, clojure
I'm so happy for this, I've been subscribed to that issue on Jira for a while now, and here it is, alive and working! Just ran some demo code and it looks amazing! Thanks Sean Grove and thanks David Nolen. I'll let you know about any bugs I find.

David Nolen

Sep 16, 2013, 8:31:02 AM9/16/13
to clojure, clojur...@googlegroups.com
Nicola Mometto also deserves quite a bit of credit, the fact that tools.reader emits line and column information on all symbols is essential for the accuracy of ClojureScript source maps.

---

Sean Grove

Sep 16, 2013, 9:44:26 AM9/16/13
to clojur...@googlegroups.com, clojure
Yeah, tools.reader is amazing. Honestly the source map patch was just a bit of glue between David's existing work and integrating tools.reader, the bulk of the results are due to them.

---

Joe Smith

Sep 16, 2013, 11:35:05 AM9/16/13
to clojur...@googlegroups.com, clojure
I see that clojure.core/format is gone. Is there a replacement/alternative?

---
Joseph Smith
@solussd

---