ANN: ClojureScript 1.8.34

David Nolen

Mar 18, 2016, 2:04:37 PM3/18/16
to clojure, clojur...@googlegroups.com
ClojureScript, the Clojure compiler that emits JavaScript source code.

Leiningen dependency information:

    [org.clojure/clojurescript "1.8.34"]

There are many minor fixes in this release around bootstrapped
ClojureScript. This release also fixes a subtle bug with the
new :parallel-build feature.

As always feedback welcome!

## 1.8.34

### Changes
* CLJS-1582: Type-hint extend-type first arg for primitives
* CLJS-1590: split, split-lines differs from Clojure on empty string
* CLJS-1594: NaN and both infinities cannot be elements of a set
* CLJS-1597: Redundant IPrintWithWriter test in pr-writer-impl
* CLJS-1583: (hash (symbol "/")) does not match (hash '/)
* bump tools reader
* CLJS-1492: Warn when using :optimisations instead of :optimizations
* less cryptic error if :main doesn't correspond to any file
* CLJS-744: ISequential types should implement JS indexOf, lastIndexOf
* CLJS-1411: make-array signature differs from clojure

### Fixes
* CLJS-1589: Self-host: case fail with nil
* CLJS-1596: Self-host: :load-macros and :analyze-deps don't work in cljs.js
* CLJS-1420: get-in behavior differs from Clojure by always deferring to the 3 arity fn
* CLJS-1585: Self-host: Alias-scoped keywords
* CLJS-1577: Self-host: syntax-quote resolves on dot forms
* CLJS-1564: Self-host: cached macro *loaded* update
* CLJS-1584: Self-host: core/str error with condp
* CLJS-1521: Self-host: Macro namespaces cannot be aliased
* CLJS-1573: Self-host: Invalid UTF escaping in cljs-in-cljs
* CLJS-1570: :parallel-build causes invalid truth check in cljs.reader/read-number
* CLJS-1568: LazyTransformer doesn't implement IMeta
* CLJS-1578: Corrupted Analysis Files Break Compilation
* CLJS-1579: cljs.source-map/invert-reverse-map discards gcol
* CLJS-1580: Self-host: goog.provide offsets source-maps
* CLJS-1569: IndexedSeq doesn't implement IWithMeta / IMeta
* CLJS-1567: make-array macro missing > 2 arg arity
* CLJS-1571: Make special-symbol? true for 'var
* CLJS-1555: make-array macro missing 2 arg arity
* CLJS-970: generate assert message when compiling
* CLJS-1565: Self-host: whitespace optimization is broken
* CLJS-1541: Self-host: Cannot require 'cljs.js using cljs.jar
* CLJS-1550: Enhance docstring for extend-type wrt type-sym
* CLJS-1551: Self-host: assert-args dormant in macros
* CLJS-1552: doc for & should match fn
* CLJS-1488: cljs.repl/source Cannot read source of cljs functions that use #js reader
* CLJS-1557: Make special-symbol? return true for catch and finally
* CLJS-1542: Self-host: cljs/compile-str not handling errors properly
* CLJS-1318: Fix typo in documentation of `specify`
* CLJS-620: Warnings are generated when using a macro in argument position
* CLJS-1547: Wrong output encoding when compile with goog.LOCALE
* CLJS-1546: cljs.core/run! does not always return nil

David Nolen

Mar 18, 2016, 7:48:47 PM3/18/16
to clojure, clojur...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the report! Will need to think about how to deal with other tooling possibly including additional options we don't understand - we now warn on options we don't support to avoid unnecessary confusion.

David

On Fri, Mar 18, 2016 at 7:01 PM, Rangel Spasov <rasp...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks, David!

I get those warnings when compiling via "lein figwheel":

WARNING: Unknown option ':compiler-env'.

WARNING: Unknown option ':special-fns'.

WARNING: Unknown option ':warn-on-undeclared'.

Otherwise, everything seems fine.

Rangel

---

Daniel Compton

Mar 20, 2016, 10:41:07 PM3/20/16
to clojur...@googlegroups.com, clojure
I may be way off on this, but I would expect :compiler-env, special-fns, warn-on-undeclared to be in figwheel config, not in the compiler config, hence to cause no issues?

---
Daniel