ANN: ClojureScript 0.0-2277

David Nolen

Jul 25, 2014, 2:36:53 PM7/25/14
to clojure, clojur...@googlegroups.com
ClojureScript, the Clojure compiler that emits JavaScript source code.

README and source code: https://github.com/clojure/clojurescript

New release version: 0.0-2277

Leiningen dependency information:

[org.clojure/clojurescript "0.0-2277"]

The main reason behind this release is fixing a critical issue around
the structure of the Google Closure Library which broke REPL support
in some cases.

## Enhancements
* All IEquiv implementor now export equiv Object method

## Fixes
* CLJS-824: Unsigned hash for keywords produced via keyword fn
* CLJS-827: CLJS-827: wrap macro expansion in try/catch
* CLJS-826: fix broken closure release script
* CLJS-825: conflict between node js support files
* typo in unchecked-subtract-int

Thomas Heller

Jul 26, 2014, 4:38:55 AM7/26/14
to clo...@googlegroups.com, clojur...@googlegroups.com
Hey David,

CLJS-826 is only partly resolved in this release since it only takes effect with a new closure-third-party release since the current jar is causing the problem.

Would be nice if you could build a new closure release and bump the dependency in clojurescript.

Thanks,
/thomas

David Nolen

Jul 26, 2014, 8:38:16 AM7/26/14
to clojur...@googlegroups.com, clojure
Ah right, I'll look into get that built and will cut another release.
> --
> first post.
> ---

David Nolen

Jul 29, 2014, 4:13:46 PM7/29/14
to clojur...@googlegroups.com, clojure
Can someone please confirm that the follow Closure releases solve the issues?

https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/orgclojure-1312 and
https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/orgclojure-1311

Thanks!
David

Thomas Heller

Jul 29, 2014, 4:22:38 PM7/29/14
to clojur...@googlegroups.com, clo...@googlegroups.com
Uhm small hint on how I'd do that? My maven-fu is weak.

But given that

https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/orgclojure-1311/org/clojure/google-closure-library-third-party/0.0-20140718-946a7d39/google-closure-library-third-party-0.0-20140718-946a7d39.jar

does not contain a goog/base.js or goog/deps.js we should be good.

David Nolen

Jul 29, 2014, 4:29:57 PM7/29/14
to clojur...@googlegroups.com, clojure
Just add sonatype to your :repositories project.clj entry
https://github.com/technomancy/leiningen/blob/master/sample.project.clj#L79

David

Thomas Heller

Jul 29, 2014, 4:48:05 PM7/29/14
to clo...@googlegroups.com, clojur...@googlegroups.com
Just tried

  :repositories {"sonatype-oss-public" {:url "https://oss.sonatype.org/content/groups/public/"
                                        :snapshots false}
                 "sonatype-1311" {:url "http://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories//orgclojure-1311"}
                 "sonatype-1312" {:url "http://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories//orgclojure-1312"}

                 "local" "file:maven"}

and

[org.clojure/clojurescript "0.0-2234"]
[org.clojure/google-closure-library "0.0-20140718-946a7d39"]

Confirmed to resolve CLJS-826.

David Nolen

Jul 29, 2014, 5:17:41 PM7/29/14
to clojur...@googlegroups.com, clojure
Thanks!

Thomas Heller

Jul 30, 2014, 7:40:17 AM7/30/14
to clo...@googlegroups.com, clojur...@googlegroups.com
David its probably best to hold off on that release. It seems the closure-library HEAD version depends on a newer closure compiler version than the one available via maven.

At least I'm seeing some renaming issues for advanced compilation.

David Nolen

Jul 30, 2014, 8:33:57 AM7/30/14
to clojur...@googlegroups.com, clo...@googlegroups.com
Can you be more specific about the naming issues?

David

On Wednesday, July 30, 2014, Thomas Heller <th.h...@gmail.com> wrote:
David its probably best to hold off on that release. It seems the closure-library HEAD version depends on a newer closure compiler version than the one available via maven.

At least I'm seeing some renaming issues for advanced compilation.

Thomas Heller

Jul 30, 2014, 10:58:11 AM7/30/14
to clojur...@googlegroups.com, clo...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, I would be if I could.

Trying to track it down, but debugging an optimized build is not exactly easy. :(

When using 2277 I have no errors, when using 2277 with the new closure lib release I have some "undefined" errors. That usually means some sort of renaming gone wrong.

Error:
Cannot read property 'apply' of undefined

Code in question:
b.prototype[c].apply(a,k)

Haven't yet figured which code that actually is.

Thomas Heller

Jul 30, 2014, 11:11:17 AM7/30/14
to clojur...@googlegroups.com, clo...@googlegroups.com
Geez, 2277 actually works just fine. 2234 doesn't work, but it actually doesn't work with either closure-library version. Forgot that I reverted to 2234 due to the keyword issue.

2277 + [org.clojure/google-closure-library "0.0-20140718-946a7d39"]

seems fine, except for that keyword issue.

Sorry about the confusion, I will shut up now until I have something solid.

Francis Avila

Jul 30, 2014, 1:55:33 PM7/30/14
to clojur...@googlegroups.com, clo...@googlegroups.com
FYI, using the :psuedo-names compiler option is very handy for debugging advanced-compile munging issues, e.g.:

:compiler {:optimizations :advanced
:pseudo-names true
...}

David Nolen

Jul 30, 2014, 2:57:34 PM7/30/14
to clojur...@googlegroups.com, clojure
Based on this information it sounds like the new Google Closure
artifacts are good to go. The keyword thing we'll have to address in a
subsequent release. It would be useful to know what Mobile Safari
clients you see being affected.

David

Thomas Heller

Jul 30, 2014, 5:29:03 PM7/30/14
to clo...@googlegroups.com, clojur...@googlegroups.com
I posted some User Agents in the other Thread.

Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 7_1_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11D257 Safari/9537.53
Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_1_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11D257 Safari/9537.53
Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; de-de; GT-N8010 Build/JZO54K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Safari/534.30

Got some more in the log if you need them.

HTH

David Nolen

Jul 30, 2014, 5:31:30 PM7/30/14
to clojur...@googlegroups.com, clojure
Can you please list the affected clients on this ticket
http://dev.clojure.org/jira/browse/CLJS-830, thanks!

David