[ANN] Counterclockwise - Clojure plugin for Eclipse

Laurent PETIT

Oct 10, 2013, 9:36:01 AM10/10/13
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Hi, a new version of Counterclockwise, the Clojure plugin for the
Eclipse IDE, has just been released.

Hot new features
============
- auto indentation as you type
- available as a Standalone Product: Download, Unzip, Code!
- many bug fixes including (hopefully) stability improvements

Install
=====
- Software update site for installing into an existing Eclipse:
http://updatesite.ccw-ide.org/stable/

Standalone product for:
- Windows 64 bits:
http://updatesite.ccw-ide.org/branch/master/master-0.20.0.STABLE001/products/ccw-win32.win32.x86_64.zip
- Windows 32 bits:
http://updatesite.ccw-ide.org/branch/master/master-0.20.0.STABLE001/products/ccw-win32.win32.x86.zip
- Linux 64 bits:
http://updatesite.ccw-ide.org/branch/master/master-0.20.0.STABLE001/products/ccw-linux.gtk.x86_64.zip
- Linux 32 bits:
http://updatesite.ccw-ide.org/branch/master/master-0.20.0.STABLE001/products/ccw-linux.gtk.x86.zip
- OS X 64 bits:
http://updatesite.ccw-ide.org/branch/master/master-0.20.0.STABLE001/products/ccw-macosx.cocoa.x86_64.zip

Create a folder, unzip the product inside this folder, and double
click on the "Counterclockwise" executable! (only pre-requisite: Java
7 in your path)

Release Note
==========
https://code.google.com/p/counterclockwise/wiki/ReleaseNotes#Version_0.20.0

Cheers,

--
Laurent Petit

Mark C

Oct 10, 2013, 5:04:56 PM10/10/13
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Nice update, I like auto-indent.

I ran into one small glitch on OSX, which is that the shortcut for toggling between unrestricted and strict/paredit mode wasn't working for me at first.
Going to Preferences -> General -> Keys : Switch Edit mode, and deleting then re-applying the Alt-D fixed it.  Just in case anyone else runs into that.

M.

Laurent PETIT

Oct 10, 2013, 5:39:29 PM10/10/13
to clo...@googlegroups.com
2013/10/10 Mark C <cham...@netscape.net>:
> Nice update, I like auto-indent.
>
> I ran into one small glitch on OSX, which is that the shortcut for toggling
> between unrestricted and strict/paredit mode wasn't working for me at first.
> Going to Preferences -> General -> Keys : Switch Edit mode, and deleting
> then re-applying the Alt-D fixed it. Just in case anyone else runs into
> that.

Weird

Russell Mull

Oct 10, 2013, 7:49:22 PM10/10/13
to clo...@googlegroups.com

- available as a Standalone Product: Download, Unzip, Code!

This is huge! Maybe it seems like a trivial thing, but removing barriers to getting started is fantastic.

Thank you Laurent, for your tireless and continuing work.

- Russell

Laurent PETIT

Oct 11, 2013, 2:47:53 AM10/11/13
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Le vendredi 11 octobre 2013, Russell Mull a écrit :

- available as a Standalone Product: Download, Unzip, Code!

This is huge! Maybe it seems like a trivial thing, but removing barriers to getting started is fantastic.

This is the first Time counterclockwise is released with standalone products. Feedback on the packaging more than welcome.

Thank you Laurent, for your tireless and continuing work.

You're welcome ;-)

- Russell

---

Thomas

Oct 11, 2013, 6:00:34 AM10/11/13
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Great news Laurent!!!!

Thank you for you work on this. I just installed it and I am going to use it later today!!!

Merci,

Thomas

Justin Kramer

Oct 11, 2013, 10:23:16 AM10/11/13
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations on the release, and thank you for your hard work! CCW is a great tool that makes my life easier.

Justin

Rich Hickey

Oct 11, 2013, 10:29:49 AM10/11/13
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations Laurent! That's fantastic.

Thanks for all of your effort on CCW - it's an important contribution.

Rich

Alan Moore

Oct 11, 2013, 11:15:59 AM10/11/13
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Thank you!

Alan

Manuel Paccagnella

Oct 11, 2013, 11:46:16 AM10/11/13
to clo...@googlegroups.com
I'm not a CCW user right now, but congratulations! I've checked this project from time to time and you are doing a fantastic job.

Cheers,
Manuel

Steve Buikhuizen

Oct 11, 2013, 8:11:53 PM10/11/13
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Laurent, you rock!

Auto-formatting is already saving my fingers a lot of travelling.

Thanks for the great work.

Casper Clausen

Oct 12, 2013, 7:48:45 AM10/12/13
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Nice work, looking forward to using this.

I'm wondering though, what is the best or "official" way to import a lein project? I've never been able to figure it out, so I always do lein pom and import as maven project and then convert to leiningen project. Is there a better way?

PublicFarley

Oct 12, 2013, 8:03:10 AM10/12/13
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Awesome work Laurent! Just awesome.

@Casper Take a look at this for making leinigen projects easily importable into Eclipse: https://github.com/kumarshantanu/lein-idefiles

Gary Zhao

Oct 12, 2013, 1:21:39 PM10/12/13
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Great. But I have one thing confusing.
Auto indent uses two spaces, but tab uses four spaces. How can I make them consistent? Either 2 or 4 spaces for both. I tried some settings but didn't seem to work.

Thanks.

Chris Gill

Oct 17, 2013, 9:20:21 AM10/17/13
to clo...@googlegroups.com
wow this is really polished! really great how this is standalone, and so small! I enjoyed using CCW in eclipse, but this is even better :D
great work Laurent!

Niels van Klaveren

Oct 17, 2013, 11:12:17 AM10/17/13
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Window > Preferences > General > Editors > Text Editor >Displayed Tab Width > change 4 to 2

François De Serres

Oct 18, 2013, 10:48:36 AM10/18/13
to clo...@googlegroups.com
CCW has helped me a lot already, and this release is just beautiful.
Merci so much Laurent !