"A Practical Optional Type System for Clojure"

Ambrose Bonnaire-Sergeant

Oct 25, 2012, 12:02:32 AM10/25/12
to clojure
Hi,

I have submitted my honours dissertation for marking, for those

Corrections welcome!

Thanks,
Ambrose

Bronsa

Oct 25, 2012, 7:08:32 AM10/25/12
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ambrose, great work!

I found a typo on page 14, you wrote "... equivalent to [-> (U nil String] in Typed Clojure"

Ambrose Bonnaire-Sergeant

Oct 25, 2012, 7:37:32 AM10/25/12
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Nice catch! Thanks!

Raoul Duke

Oct 25, 2012, 12:29:58 PM10/25/12
to clo...@googlegroups.com
super cool!!!

apparently Racket just had another paper along those lines, won at OOPSLA:
http://www.ccs.neu.edu/racket/pubs/oopsla12-tsdthf.pdf

more about how to "promote" from "dynamic" to statically typed stuff.
wadler had some talk about that before, about having a firewall of
sorts, i think.

hope this kind of stuff also some day gets over to erlang/lfe. :-)

Stathis Sideris

Nov 5, 2012, 7:58:58 AM11/5/12
to clo...@googlegroups.com, abonnair...@gmail.com
Hello Ambrose,

Thanks for your great work, I look forward to using Typed Clojure!

Tiny correction: there is a double "are" on page 9: "Listing 1.5 shows a simple example of using singleton types in Typed Clojure.
Singleton types are are discussed further in section 2.5."

Stathis

Stathis Sideris

Nov 5, 2012, 8:26:04 AM11/5/12
to clo...@googlegroups.com, abonnair...@gmail.com
Another one:

Page 31,
"This mean that at compile time we cannot completely trust the type signature of any Java method or eld that involves an array."

should be:

"This means that at compile time we cannot completely trust the type signature of any Java method or eld that involves an array."

Ambrose Bonnaire-Sergeant

Nov 5, 2012, 9:01:22 AM11/5/12
to clojure
Many thanks!

I'd prefer if typos and corrections could be directed to my personal email, rather than the Clojure group :)

Thanks,
Ambrose