Clojure(script) Job Opportunity in NYC

Dylan Butman

Aug 27, 2014, 1:29:22 PM8/27/14
to clo...@googlegroups.com

We're looking for a full-time clojure(script) dev to join our team in NYC. Here's the posting. Shoot be an email at dy...@ib5k.com if you're interested.

Posting:

We are IB5k ( http://ib5k.com ), a software dev shop based in SOHO, and we are looking for a promising developer to become a core part of our team.  We are looking for either a senior developer or a junior developer who feels that they can become a senior developer with the proper training. We specialize in data visualization and analytics, interactive development, and progressive UI design. In addition to high end commercial work, we incubate start-ups, provide direct equity to our employees within them, and provide a supportive, collaborative environment to help our developers excel and our start-ups succeed. We are looking for a seasoned developer or a younger developer who "just gets it" and possesses the as many of the following as possible:

  • Has some (or a lot of!) experience with functional programming and/or Clojure(script)

  • An thorough understanding full-stack web development: from DB to API, and from PSD to HTML

  • Has a strong attention to detail. Messy code is unfinished code, margins must be exact to comps, animation timing and easing matters, etc.

  • Has a strong desire to think critically about language, development, and project level issues, and to develop creative solutions to solve them

  • The ability to make reasonable time estimations and to make strong pragmatic decisions based on time-constraints (you know when it's time to refactor and clean up ugly code, and you know when you're biting off more than you can chew)

  • Is highly motivated to succeed.

  • Is a team player. Someone who knows how to listen AND is not afraid of contributing to the conversation

More about us:

We love the Clojure programming language and functional programming in general. Our ideal candidate will do some research on the subject and develop a legitimate interest to learn more. Our work environment is laid back. You don't need to dress up, you don't have time sheets to fill out, you can work from home when you're getting your work done or don't have a meeting. We’re committed to open source and our developers have the opportunity to release software under both their personal means and under the company umbrella.

To apply:

  • Send us a link to your Github account if you have one and address at least two of the below:

  • Tell us something about yourself (what borough you live in, favorite band, anything)

  • Tell us the web development stack you are most comfortable with and defend your choice

  • Tell us the personal project you’d work on right now if someone paid your salary for a year to do it

  • Tell us something you find interesting about Clojure and why.