[ANN] Clojure 1.6.0-alpha2 release

Alex Miller

Nov 7, 2013, 4:04:19 PM11/7/13
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Clojure 1.6.0-alpha2 is now available.

Try it via
- Leiningen: [org.clojure/clojure "1.6.0-alpha2"]

Clojure 1.6.0-alpha2 has the following changes from 1.6.0-alpha1:

1) Reverted: CLJ-1252 (keywords starting with a digit no longer accepted by the reader)

2) Added: CLJ-1285 - fix collection bug that happens after modifying a transient data structure - thanks to Zach Tellman, Michał Marczyk, Christophe Grand, and others for their work in finding and fixing in this.

3) Added: changelog for 1.6.0.

Please give it a whirl!

Alex Miller

Michael Klishin

Nov 7, 2013, 4:16:32 PM11/7/13
to clo...@googlegroups.com
2013/11/8 Alex Miller <al...@puredanger.com>
This is *much* more detailed and human-oriented than any other change log
Clojure/core has ever produced. And it's posted shortly after the release.

Good job!
--
MK

http://github.com/michaelklishin
http://twitter.com/michaelklishin

Alex Miller

Nov 7, 2013, 4:38:57 PM11/7/13
to clo...@googlegroups.com
This is exactly the same change log that has been posted for every release? I just added the 1.6 stuff.

Hoping to be a little more diligent in keeping it up to date as we go.

Alex

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Nov 7, 2013, 6:05:40 PM11/7/13
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Any idea how I can push that patch I submitted (toString for functions) along? It's in purgatory now.

Alex Miller

Nov 7, 2013, 6:29:15 PM11/7/13
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Any ticket with a fix version of 1.6 is still a candidate for inclusion, and I expect many of those to make it in.  Everything else (including the one you mention) will wait until the next release to be considered.

The hashing work that has been under discussion on the mailing lists is also a candidate and we will focus on that after the Conj.

After 1.6, we will reconsider both features and tickets to look at what goes into the next release. Votes in JIRA are the best way to indicate community interest in a ticket.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Clojure" group.