ANN: ClojureScript 1.9.542, spec changes & REPL enhancement

David Nolen

May 12, 2017, 4:31:54 PM5/12/17
to clojure, clojur...@googlegroups.com
ClojureScript, the Clojure compiler that emits JavaScript source code.

Leiningen dependency information:

[org.clojure/clojurescript "1.9.542"]

This release is primarily about staying in sync with the latest changes to spec. It
also includes a small but significant enhancement to REPLs to allow handling multiple forms.

As always, feedback welcome!

## 1.9.542

### Enhancements
* CLJS-1572: REPL doesn't give error for expressions with too many right parentheses

### Changes
* cljs.spec -> cljs.spec.alpha
* CLJS-2013 - Add MapEntry type
* CLJS-2015: Self-host: `defmacro` should return the Var
* CLJS-2017: Upgrade Closure Compiler to latest April 2017 release

### Fixes
* CLJS-485: RegExp flags are being dropped by string/replace
* CLJS-1518: Case macro expansion evaluates expression twice
* CLJS-2024: Self-host: `find-ns-obj` broken for namespaces with 'a' as the first segment
* CLJS-2028: `realized?` throws on LazyTransformer
* CLJS-2010: refer-clojure :rename throws on valid invocations
* CLJS-2007: Whitespace optimizations should respect :main option.

Tatu Tarvainen

May 14, 2017, 3:10:09 AM5/14/17
to ClojureScript, clo...@googlegroups.com

> * CLJS-2013 - Add MapEntry type

This change seems to break plumatic schema, after upgrading I'm getting warnings:

WARNING: ->MapEntry already refers to: cljs.core/->MapEntry being replaced by: schema.core/->MapEntry at ... schema/core.cljs

Plumatic also defines a MapEntry record type which clashes with the core one.

David Nolen

May 15, 2017, 7:32:55 AM5/15/17
to clojur...@googlegroups.com, clojure
That's just a warning. Is there some deeper breakage that you are observing?

David

---

Tatu Tarvainen

May 15, 2017, 10:16:45 AM5/15/17
to Clojure, clojur...@googlegroups.com

My phantom test run crashes with:
TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating 'schema.core.MapEntry.prototype')

I'm assuming that is related to this change, but I'll need to investigate more. There's already a merged PR for schema that excludes MapEntry in refer-clojure. I'm hoping that will fix this.

On Sun, May 14, 2017 at 3:09 AM, Tatu Tarvainen <anti...@gmail.com> wrote:

> * CLJS-2013 - Add MapEntry type

This change seems to break plumatic schema, after upgrading I'm getting warnings:

WARNING: ->MapEntry already refers to: cljs.core/->MapEntry being replaced by: schema.core/->MapEntry at ... schema/core.cljs

Plumatic also defines a MapEntry record type which clashes with the core one.

---

David Nolen

May 15, 2017, 10:24:12 AM5/15/17
to clojure, clojur...@googlegroups.com
That runtime error doesn't necessarily seem related to the compile time warning. Would need more information.

---

Erik Assum

Oct 12, 2017, 8:49:55 AM10/12/17
to Clojure
FWIW upgrading prismatic schema to 1.1.7 fixed this for me

Erik.

For more options, visit this group at
---

Rangel Spasov

Oct 13, 2017, 2:08:58 PM10/13/17
to Clojure
I'm getting this (I'm guessing related to the changes around CLJS-485 RegExp flags):

(iOS simulator screenshot attached).

As you can see, the RN/JS stack traces are not very useful in this case.
I can dig deeper if needed to find exactly where it fails (I have a few places where I use RegExp).

Thanks all!
Rangel
Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 10.14.27.png

David Nolen

Oct 13, 2017, 2:34:24 PM10/13/17
to clojure
Will need something more minimal. Thanks.

David

---

Rangel Spasov

Oct 13, 2017, 5:32:29 PM10/13/17
to Clojure
Sorry, that was false alarm. Ok, that's kinda funny:

Without paying attention I saw this on the top of the mailing list in google groups and just copy/pasted the version number and tried to build, only to just realize that I DOWNGRADED to a ClojureScript release from May 12th LOL. My bad.
Somehow this thread got bumped to the top of groups.google.com.

Everything is working OK with the latest ClojureScript [org.clojure/clojurescript "1.9.946"]

Sorry for the false alarm!

Rangel