Clojure group in DFW area

Alex Robbins

Mar 10, 2011, 8:28:10 AM3/10/11
to Clojure
Anyone else in the north Dallas area using/interested in Clojure? I'd
love to get together.

Alex

J.R. Garcia

Apr 13, 2011, 4:44:39 PM4/13/11
to Clojure
I live in Fort Worth and work in Addison. I'd love to get together
sometime. If there is any interest in getting a user group together, I
have the perfect place to host it.

On Mar 10, 8:28 am, Alex Robbins <alexander.j.robb...@gmail.com>

Alex Robbins

Apr 14, 2011, 10:33:12 AM4/14/11
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Glad to hear from you. I live and work a little south of the
intersection of 121 and the Dallas North Tollway, so any meeting place
along the DNT would be great for me (Addison included).

Hopefully there are more than two clojure users in Dallas.

Sean Allen

Apr 14, 2011, 5:41:43 PM4/14/11
to clo...@googlegroups.com, Alex Robbins
I dont live in the DFW area but come down 1 to 2 times a year to see family,
so I'm interested in what you cook up.

J.R. Garcia

Apr 14, 2011, 10:17:05 PM4/14/11
to Clojure
I work off of the Tollway and Westgrove at Improving Enterprises. We
have a lot of space and have several user groups meet daily at our
office. I'm sure there are plenty of other Clojure users in the area.
There are plenty of people that I work with that would probably be
interested. Maybe we can meet for lunch sometime and discuss this
further.

On Apr 14, 9:33 am, Alex Robbins <alexander.j.robb...@gmail.com>

Alex Robbins

Apr 20, 2011, 8:35:54 AM4/20/11
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, I'd be up for meeting sometime. However, right now I don't have
a car available during the day. I work from home and my wife works
outside the house, so we have been able to run on one car. It saves
money, but makes lunch meetings difficult. If you don't mind driving
up my way, Lone Star Coffee Bar is good (6800 Windhaven Pkwy #105, The
Colony, TX). Otherwise, some time after work I can use the car and we
can meet closer to half-way.

Alex

ch...@rubedoinc.com

Apr 25, 2011, 10:24:32 AM4/25/11
to Clojure
I am interested as well and have office space in Addison near beltline
and the tollway we can use. How about meeting next Monday may 2nd @
630 pm? We can fo an organizational meeting about goals of the group,
etc.

On Mar 10, 8:28 am, Alex Robbins <alexander.j.robb...@gmail.com>

Alex Robbins

Apr 25, 2011, 11:29:23 AM4/25/11
to clo...@googlegroups.com
That sounds good to me.

ch...@rubedoinc.com

Apr 25, 2011, 3:52:49 PM4/25/11
to Clojure
Rubedo, inc.
14580 Beltwood Pkwy E Suite 103
Farmers Branch, TX 75244

When: 630PM Monday May 2nd
What: Clojure Interest Group
Topic: 1st meeting, what our goals are, and how to take over the world
with Clojure

On Apr 25, 10:29 am, Alex Robbins <alexander.j.robb...@gmail.com>

Brett

Apr 25, 2011, 2:32:15 PM4/25/11
to Clojure
I'd be interested as well.

Thanks,
Brett Bim

On Apr 25, 11:29 am, Alex Robbins <alexander.j.robb...@gmail.com>

Christopher Redinger

Apr 25, 2011, 10:08:56 PM4/25/11
to Clojure
ch...@rubedoinc.com wrote:
> Rubedo, inc.
> 14580 Beltwood Pkwy E Suite 103
> Farmers Branch, TX 75244
>
> When: 630PM Monday May 2nd
> What: Clojure Interest Group
> Topic: 1st meeting, what our goals are, and how to take over the world
> with Clojure

Hi Chris! Thanks for offering to host the group. I've added a link to
this thread on the Clojure User Groups page:
http://dev.clojure.org/display/community/Clojure+User+Groups.
Hopefully to help people who might be looking. We can update the link
to something with a little more information if you get a page set up
somewhere.

Also, if you choose to go through Meetup, they have provided us with a
code that gives a discount to Clojure groups. See the above page for
more information.

Thanks again, and let me know if there's anything Clojure/core can
help you out with!

Thanks,
Chris

ch...@rubedoinc.com

May 4, 2011, 12:20:21 PM5/4/11
to Clojure
Thanks everyone for attending the first meeting. It was great to talk
clojure with some like minded people who are excited by the
possibilities !

Our next meeting is scheduled for May 16th 630PM - 900PM @

Rubedo, inc.
14580 Beltwood Pkwy E Suite 103
Farmers Branch, TX 75244
(wifi available)

Right now, we will try for two meetings each month. In the beginning,
these will be mostly hack nights. As the group matures, we will look
at doing presentations / talks on Clojure.
As most of the group is relatively new to Clojure, we decided to start
with the http://projecteuler.net/ problems as a way to get familiar
with the language and have some common solutions to discuss.

At our next meeting, we will bring our solutions for problems 1-10 and
discuss how we went about solving them.

All are welcome !

ch...@rubedoinc.com

May 16, 2011, 1:41:25 PM5/16/11
to Clojure
Meeting tonight, see you there !

On May 4, 11:20 am, "ch...@rubedoinc.com" <ch...@rubedoinc.com> wrote:
> Thanks everyone for attending the first meeting.  It was great to talk
> clojure with some like minded people who are excited by the
> possibilities !
>
> Our next meeting is scheduled for May 16th 630PM - 900PM @
>
> Rubedo, inc.
> 14580 Beltwood Pkwy E Suite 103
> Farmers Branch, TX 75244
> (wifi available)
>
> Right now, we will try for two meetings each month. In the beginning,
> these will be mostly hack nights. As the group matures, we will look
> at doing presentations / talks on Clojure.
> As most of the group is relatively new to Clojure, we decided to start
> with thehttp://projecteuler.net/problems as a way to get familiar

ch...@rubedoinc.com

May 20, 2011, 12:08:49 PM5/20/11
to Clojure
Thanks everyone for attending. Our next meeting is scheduled for

Our next meeting is scheduled for May 31th 630PM - 900PM @

Rubedo, inc.
14580 Beltwood Pkwy E Suite 103
Farmers Branch, TX 75244
(wifi available)

there will be pizza and sodas, so bring your clojure questions and
your appetite. Reply in this thread if you will be attending so that
I can get a head count for pizza.

On May 16, 12:41 pm, "ch...@rubedoinc.com" <ch...@rubedoinc.com>
wrote:
> Meeting tonight, see you there !
>
> Our next meeting is scheduled for May 16th 630PM - 900PM @
>
> Rubedo, inc.
> 14580 Beltwood Pkwy E Suite 103
> Farmers Branch, TX 75244
> (wifi available)
>
> On May 4, 11:20 am, "ch...@rubedoinc.com" <ch...@rubedoinc.com> wrote:
>

> > Thanks everyone for attending the first meeting.  It was great to talk
> > clojure with some like minded people who are excited by the
> > possibilities !
>
> > Our next meeting is scheduled for May 16th 630PM - 900PM @
>
> > Rubedo, inc.
> > 14580 Beltwood Pkwy E Suite 103
> > Farmers Branch, TX 75244
> > (wifi available)
>
> > Right now, we will try for two meetings each month. In the beginning,
> > these will be mostly hack nights. As the group matures, we will look
> > at doing presentations / talks on Clojure.
> > As most of the group is relatively new to Clojure, we decided to start
> > with thehttp://projecteuler.net/problemsas a way to get familiar

Alex Robbins

May 20, 2011, 12:16:56 PM5/20/11
to clo...@googlegroups.com
I'm planning to be there.

Alex

ch...@rubedoinc.com

Jun 3, 2011, 10:46:05 AM6/3/11
to Clojure
Meeting is growing strong! We will be looking at some group projects
to take on that we can use to stretch our clojure skills. Make the
next meeting to be a part of it!

Wednesday June 15th 630PM - 900PM @

On May 20, 11:08 am, "ch...@rubedoinc.com" <ch...@rubedoinc.com>
wrote:
> Thanks everyone for attending.  Our next meeting is scheduled for
>
> Our next meeting is scheduled for May 31th 630PM - 900PM @
>
> Rubedo, inc.
> 14580 Beltwood Pkwy E Suite 103
> Farmers Branch, TX 75244
> (wifi available)
>
> there will be pizza and sodas, so bring yourclojurequestions and
> your appetite.  Reply in this thread if you will be attending so that
> I can get a head count for pizza.
>
> On May 16, 12:41 pm, "ch...@rubedoinc.com" <ch...@rubedoinc.com>
> wrote:
>

> > Meeting tonight, see you there !
>
> > Our next meeting is scheduled for May 16th 630PM - 900PM @
>
> > Rubedo, inc.
> > 14580 Beltwood Pkwy E Suite 103
> > Farmers Branch, TX 75244
> > (wifi available)
>
> > On May 4, 11:20 am, "ch...@rubedoinc.com" <ch...@rubedoinc.com> wrote:
>
> > > Thanks everyone for attending the first meeting.  It was great to talk
> > >clojurewith some like minded people who are excited by the
> > > possibilities !
>
> > > Our next meeting is scheduled for May 16th 630PM - 900PM @
>
> > > Rubedo, inc.
> > > 14580 Beltwood Pkwy E Suite 103
> > > Farmers Branch, TX 75244
> > > (wifi available)
>
> > > Right now, we will try for two meetings each month. In the beginning,
> > > these will be mostly hack nights. As the group matures, we will look
> > > at doing presentations / talks onClojure.
> > > As most of the group is relatively new toClojure, we decided to start
> > > with thehttp://projecteuler.net/problemsasa way to get familiar
> > > with the language and have some common solutions to discuss.
>
> > > At our next meeting, we will bring our solutions for problems 1-10 and
> > > discuss how we went about solving them.
>
> > > All are welcome !

ch...@rubedoinc.com

Jun 15, 2011, 12:02:10 PM6/15/11
to Clojure
Everyone, sorry for late notice but are meeting tonight is cancelled
due to some scheduling conflicts. We have another meeting set for

Tuesday June 28th 630PM - 900PM @

Rubedo, inc.
14580 Beltwood Pkwy E Suite 103
Farmers Branch, TX 75244

See you then !

Alex Robbins

Aug 9, 2012, 9:42:07 AM8/9/12
to clo...@googlegroups.com
The group hasn't met in a long time, but we were actually talking
about some kind of a relaunch last week. We were hoping some Clojure
interest had increased in the DFW area since we tried last time.
Anyone else in the DFW area interested in getting together?

Alex

On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 11:09 AM, VishK <svk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is this group still meeting? (When?)
> Would be interested in attending the next one if possible to meet
> like-minded folks.
>
> Regards
> Vish
> (https://github.com/vishk)

Alex Robbins

Aug 28, 2012, 4:00:15 PM8/28/12
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys, sorry about the radio silence. Unofficially, it looks like
the meetup will be:

Third Wednesday of the month, 6:30-8:30 PM
At Improving Enterprises in Addison, just off the Dallas North Tollway

We are also working on getting a meetup group set up so that there
will be a place to get info other than the global clojure mailing
list.

Chris or I will let you know when things are finalized.

I'm excited to see a local clojure group forming!

Alex

On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 8:45 AM, gblack <g.bla...@algosoft.com> wrote:
> Did you guys settle on having more meetings? The Farmers Branch location
> works for me.

Alex Robbins

Aug 29, 2012, 12:51:52 PM8/29/12
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Ok, the meetup group is setup and the meetup location is confirmed.

http://www.meetup.com/DFW-Clojure/

I look forward to seeing everyone in person.

Alex