ANN: ClojureScript release 0.0-1798

David Nolen

May 3, 2013, 6:14:09 PM5/3/13
to clojure, clojur...@googlegroups.com

Enhancements
------------

* Code size improvements, (.log js/console "Hello world!") now
  generates ~100 LOC of pretty printed advanced compiled JavaScript
* Source map merging, can produce composition source map, source map
* Optimize PersistentArrayMaps

Changes
-------

* Symbols are no longer JavaScript strings, support metadata

Fixes
-----

* CLJS-367: chunked seq support in for and doseq, comprehension benchmarks
* CLJS-496: better implementation of `char`
* CLJS-495: add exists? macro
* CLJS-493: get should accept any type
* CLJS-492: avoid producing unnecessary calls to next in emit-apply-to
* CLJS-491: avoid layered subvecs
* CLJS-488: resolve aliased keywords properly
* CLJS-438: import new threading macros from 1.5
* CLJS-482: bind *out* as the target of Rhino REPL env printing
* CLJS-484: Throw exception instead of trying to throw string in defmulti compiler macro
* CLJS-468: Implement IKVReduce for nil, Test reduce-kv and fold with nil
* CLJS-477: Vararg fns break when first vararg is undefined.
* CLJS-473: cljs.closure/add-dep-string calls wrong munge

David Nolen

May 3, 2013, 8:06:03 PM5/3/13
to clojure, clojur...@googlegroups.com
Forgot to add CLJS now depends on Clojure 1.5.1 and data.json 0.2.2.

da...@dsargeant.com

May 6, 2013, 12:12:53 PM5/6/13
to clojur...@googlegroups.com, clojure
Please don't forget to run "lein cljsbuild clean" after upgrading, assuming you're using the cljsbuild lein plugin. Hope this saves someone some valuable time :)

David

David Nolen

May 6, 2013, 12:24:16 PM5/6/13
to clojure, clojur...@googlegroups.com
Stuart Sierra just pushed out 0.0-1803 which fixes a regression around seq, get, & reduce and extension to JavaScript natives pointed out by Kevin Lynagh.

gerrit.h...@gmail.com

Jun 25, 2013, 7:14:31 PM6/25/13
to clojur...@googlegroups.com, clojure
Thanks a lot for the source map support. Made it possible for me to find the cause of my broken advanced compiled cljs. Without the source map I was totally lost...

In case anybody wonders how to enable it:

Just add a :source-map "path/to/js/folder/source-map-name.js.map" key value pair to the :compiler map of your :cljsbuild map.

David Nolen

Jun 25, 2013, 7:37:28 PM6/25/13
to clojure
Wow, really? I didn't really consider it usable yet as we don't emit quite enough information for mapping symbols.

---

Brandon Bloom

Jun 25, 2013, 11:07:55 PM6/25/13
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Even if it's horribly broken, maybe we should default it to on for advanced builds anyway? It's not like anything can be harder to debug than raw advanced compilation output. Besides, we might get some more interest and contributions if it *feels* like it's close!

David Nolen

Jun 25, 2013, 11:11:23 PM6/25/13
to clojure, clojur...@googlegroups.com
I recall it adding a significant amount of time to advanced compilation so I'm not sure that's such a good idea as a default. But documenting and advertising its existence in the proper places seems like a good idea.

David

gerrit.h...@gmail.com

Jun 26, 2013, 4:01:58 AM6/26/13
to clojur...@googlegroups.com, clojure
Not sure why my previous post was deleted but anyway.

Yeah, the source map didn't work as I've seen on some screenshots in tutorials, but the line numbers alone were good enough and very useful for finding that incompatible line.

Documentation would definitely help as crawling through the commits trying to find a usage and then reading the lein-cljsbuild source to figure out if it can be enabled like that is a bit tedious :)

Gerrit

David Nolen

Jun 26, 2013, 7:35:55 AM6/26/13
to clojure, clojur...@googlegroups.com
That's great to hear. Will update documentation in the appropriate places.

buze3000

Jun 28, 2013, 3:13:46 AM6/28/13
to clo...@googlegroups.com, clojur...@googlegroups.com
Hey David,

just noticed this exception when switching back to :whitespace optimizations but still having the :source-map entry active:

https://www.refheap.com/16171

After removing the :source-map from the project.clj compilation failed with this exception:

https://www.refheap.com/16172

After running `lein cljsbuild clean` everything went back to normal.

Cheers,
Gerrit

David Nolen

Jun 28, 2013, 8:27:14 AM6/28/13
to clojur...@googlegroups.com, clojure
Thanks for the report! Please file a ticket for this in JIRA and we'll look into it.

---