[ANN] lein-pedantic is now deprecated

Nelson Morris

May 29, 2013, 9:25:22 PM5/29/13
to Clojure
Good news everybody! As of leiningen 2.2.0 using `lein deps :tree` will perform version checks and version range detection. Therefore, I have deprecated lein-pedantic.  I appreciate all of the users of the plugin that found it useful.

I believe there are two pieces of functionality that do not currently have a replacement:
1) ability to fail the task when a "bad" dependency resolution happens
2) exact instructions of what to place in project.clj to make things work

If you are interested in these, please let me know here, and I'll see about adding them in a future leiningen release.

-
Nelson Morris

Dave Kincaid

May 29, 2013, 9:31:38 PM5/29/13
to clo...@googlegroups.com
I am definitely interested in that. I've been using lein-pedantic all the time. It's helped immensely.

Brian Tatnall

May 29, 2013, 10:35:12 PM5/29/13
to clo...@googlegroups.com
+1 Both of those features extremely helpful when adding new dependencies to any sizable project.

---

Timothy Baldridge

May 29, 2013, 11:41:17 PM5/29/13
to clo...@googlegroups.com
+1 for both features, it really helps for major version upgrades on large projects.
--
“One of the main causes of the fall of the Roman Empire was that–lacking zero–they had no way to indicate successful termination of their C programs.”
(Robert Firth)

Murtaza Husain

May 30, 2013, 5:07:32 AM5/30/13
to clo...@googlegroups.com

+1 for both features. Nelson thanks for the plugin, I have been using it on my projects.

Bruce Durling

May 30, 2013, 5:38:24 AM5/30/13
to Clojure
I've been using it as well. so +1

cheers,
Bruce
@otfrom | CTO & co-founder @MastodonC | mastodonc.com
See recent coverage of us in the Economist http://econ.st/WeTd2i and
the Financial Times http://on.ft.com/T154BA

Stuart Sierra

May 31, 2013, 8:55:30 AM5/31/13
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nelson, thanks for making lein-pedantic. It has been useful to us. Happy to see it built in to Leiningen!
-S

Devin Walters

May 31, 2013, 3:07:05 PM5/31/13
to clo...@googlegroups.com
I stopped using it for a week and discovered I won't stay sane for long without it. Big (inc) to you.

Curtis Gagliardi

May 31, 2013, 8:54:12 PM5/31/13
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Another +1 for those features.

Nelson Morris

May 31, 2013, 9:56:21 PM5/31/13
to Clojure
There seems to be enough desire to spend some more time on them.  Issues filed at https://github.com/technomancy/leiningen/issues/1197 and https://github.com/technomancy/leiningen/issues/1198. I'll see about getting them into a future release.

-
Nelson Morris

Rob Jens

Jun 11, 2013, 11:04:34 AM6/11/13
to clo...@googlegroups.com
+1 for both features... I found these *very* helpful

David Goldfarb

Oct 31, 2013, 12:58:15 PM10/31/13
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Count me as another +1 for both these features.