ANN: Clojure/dev Google Summer of Code 2012 Proposals Selected!

David Nolen

Apr 23, 2012, 11:03:02 PM4/23/12
to clojure, cloju...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations to the following students, their proposals have been
accepted for Clojure/dev's Google Summer of Code 2012!

Jon Rose
  - Lightweight Clojure editor
Raphael Amiard
  - Pluggable backend infrastructure for ClojureScript
Alexander Yakushev
  - Toolchain for dynamic Clojure development on Android
Ambrose Bonnaire-Sargeant
  - Typed Clojure

These proposals were selected as they not only had the best overall
score as determined by the mentoring group but we believe that they
will have a significant impact and are likely to be embraced and
extended by the Clojure community. We received many proposals we
wished to pursue but as a first year organization we feel pretty lucky
to have been given four slots and we're confident that these
four will keep everyone quite busy.

We look forward to collaborating as a whole community with these
students this summer. Collectively let's try our best to
make sure these projects succeed! Doing so will improve our
chances to be accepted as a mentoring organization next year and to
accommodate an even larger number of proposals.

A big cheers to the Clojure community, this is going to be a fun summer!

Ambrose Bonnaire-Sergeant

Apr 23, 2012, 11:29:48 PM4/23/12
to cloju...@googlegroups.com
Thanks to all that made this possible, and a big thanks to David for a his tireless effort!

If you are interested in following the development of Typed Clojure

I predict the project will either be an epic success or a spectacular failure :-) (ie. or uncover novel research problems)

Either way, it will be fun to watch!

Thanks,
Ambrose