Newbie here Looking to reset zipcode on citygrid

Dtown

Apr 1, 2012, 6:34:01 PM4/1/12
to citygrid...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I am new here and have been looking for something like this for awhile and it seems awsome. I just installed it on my wordpress site Dtown.mobi and have a stupid question. I have been reading on how to change the search but lost how to access it.

How do I change the basic search code to read this zip code (18901) or town name of Doylestown, PA. I am just creating a simple town search for now so people can use their phones or even PC to get a quick town search. I would also like to expand it about 5 miles outside the town.

I am just not sure where to look, I got the api code nad registered but can't seem to figure out how to actually change it. As the site grows I will do more work to it, but for now just simple. Currently the search reads "Coffee" and searching in the area of "West Hollywood, CA. I just want it to say "doylestown, pa:.

Many Thanks

Kin Lane - CityGrid

Apr 2, 2012, 4:59:27 PM4/2/12
to citygrid...@googlegroups.com
Hey there,

Thanks for the interest in the Wordpress Plugin.

Currently there is no way to reset the default what and where values of the search.  The plugin is very new, and all of these features are not incorporated yet.

But I will add to the next list of changes and will be published within the next 48-72 hours.  You will see a notice next to your plugin to update, and then you will have a setting to update these values in your admin area.

Thanks so much for the great feedback!

Kin Lane
@citygridapiteam

Dtown

Apr 3, 2012, 2:29:20 PM4/3/12
to citygrid...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the prompt response, that would be great. The other thing that I noticied that that when I go to settings under "  plugin settings page. "   It says "You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page." But I am able to click settings under the main CityGrid in WP. Then it shows Publisher Code, Menu Lable & Menu Text Page then show ads. Now I am not sure if this is the best place to say this but I think it would be cool if we could enter our own text in the Menu text page, I tried to before but it would not let me. The thing I would want to change is this line. "This City Search allows you to search for businesses in any city in the United States".Instead being able to replace any city to just "my selected city search" that the site search is about.

 Also to note it would be cool if the text would work with mobile plugins better for the framework. I tried several mobile plugins and the text went off the frame work in alot. (I am not sure how it looks on all mobile phones or if it was just mine and my desktop). No biggie if not. I love the plugin and my use for it is mainly for people to do searches on mobile phones with certain Cities for example my city Doylestown.

If this is not the place to make suggestions please give me the proper place or email. This is a great plugin and very usefull because people want to search really quick and have it display relevent locations which yours does.

Keep up the great work.

Kin Lane - CityGrid

Apr 4, 2012, 2:43:34 PM4/4/12
to citygrid...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Let me take a shot at your questions:

The other thing that I noticied that that when I go to settings under "  plugin settings page. "   It says "You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page." But I am able to click settings under the main CityGrid in WP. Then it shows Publisher Code, Menu Lable & Menu Text Page then show ads.

KL - Hard to tell what your settings / permission issues are.  If you have FTP access...I would make sure your wordpress plugin directory has 755 permissions on the folder.

Now I am not sure if this is the best place to say this but I think it would be cool if we could enter our own text in the Menu text page, I tried to before but it would not let me. The thing I would want to change is this line. "This City Search allows you to search for businesses in any city in the United States".Instead being able to replace any city to just "my selected city search" that the site search is about.

KL - The CityGrid directory plugin let's you set which city you wish to present, its a little different than this search tool.  When I had the value allowing you to set a default value, should accomplish similar.

 Also to note it would be cool if the text would work with mobile plugins better for the framework. I tried several mobile plugins and the text went off the frame work in alot. (I am not sure how it looks on all mobile phones or if it was just mine and my desktop). No biggie if not. I love the plugin and my use for it is mainly for people to do searches on mobile phones with certain Cities for example my city Doylestown.

KL - I will add to the roadmap, so it has more mobile support features.

If this is not the place to make suggestions please give me the proper place or email. This is a great plugin and very usefull because people want to search really quick and have it display relevent locations which yours does.

Keep up the great work.

KL - Thanks great to hear!!

Dtown

Apr 5, 2012, 3:25:38 PM4/5/12
to citygrid...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Kin, I checked the file permisions and they were set at 755. Maybe my code is off? It is 10000002893 also maybe I should try to get another one? I am using wordpress 3.3 and installed WP through Fantasitico.

Thanks again for your time and support.