Experiences of using Vares presses & scratter

Richard Bendall

Aug 19, 2017, 1:44:39 PM8/19/17
to Cider Workshop
 Hello Ciderists - would anyone who has used Vares Megladon scratter & their 50L press offer their feedback? I am thinking of buying these. Richard

Jed Davies

Aug 22, 2017, 8:35:05 PM8/22/17
to Cider Workshop
I use the fruit shark scratter and have had no problems at all, I also use the Vares 50litre hydraulic press which also works very well, simple but effective. Typical Czech made, strong and functional.

Jed

Llanblethian Orchards - Alex

Sep 7, 2017, 3:31:37 AM9/7/17
to Cider Workshop
Used the fruit shark for near 10 years before upgrading, a reliable piece of kit. Only real complaint is the fruit chute is too small and I had to cut up large apples first which is a pita