Speidel Fermetegg: Any info or ideas

Dave Nelson

Feb 11, 2018, 1:50:48 PM2/11/18
to Cider Workshop
I was very interested to see an egg shaped HDPE fermenting vessel made by the Speidel company. I love the idea. The egg or amphora shape obviously has special properties. Has anyone had experience or knowledge of these vessels in practice. Any Ideas?

Cheers
Dave

Ma...@vansprang.net

Feb 22, 2018, 11:33:17 AM2/22/18
to Cider Workshop
We have a Speidel fermentegg 600 liter. Works fine and one advantage compared to an ibc is the limited air space because of the shape. Also the two stainless taps, one higher than the other, are great for racking, filtering, etc. Cleaning is easy.

Don't know about the suggested 'special properties' because of the shape. And it's not cheap compared to an ibc. But it looks great :)

Cheers
Marin
IESSEL Cider