Apple juice

john....@btinternet.com

Oct 13, 2017, 5:49:17 PM10/13/17
to cider-w...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

        What is the shelf life of freshly pressed apple juice if kept in the fridge and will the Ph or Spg change significantly while it is uncoverd in the fridge.

         I was only able to get 4 or 5 apples to juice up so they were done in the blender, extracting was with a nylon bag 'icing style', Ph is 3.13, there is not enough juice to fill my specimen jar enough for an spg reading, so is there any body close to me (b46) with a refractometer that would that would be willing to do a test on the brix / spg for me, if not I am hoping the juice will wait till I can get  a refractometer. Thanks.

John H.

Andrew Lea

Oct 14, 2017, 5:51:51 PM10/14/17
to cider-w...@googlegroups.com
Your question is impossible to answer without knowing the yeast load of your juice. It could be 2 days or 2 weeks.

However, you could extend the juice life by bunging in some Camden tablets.

Andrew

Wittenham Hill Cider Portal
www.cider.org.uk
Visit our website: http://www.ciderworkshop.com