UK Cider Festivals - recommendations

Frantisek Algoldor Apfelbeck

Aug 17, 2017, 8:34:22 AM8/17/17
to Cider Workshop
Greetings to all,
I would like to ask for recommendations concerning cider dedicated events/festivals for this autumn and winter season especially in UK. I've found for example this list

https://www.foodfestivalfinder.co.uk/blogs/201704/ten-uk%E2%80%99s-best-cider-festivals

however it would be very nice if people with experience could recommend. I hope to visit at least one but even if not being able to, I would like to share the info with friends in UK who may be more lucky. Personally I would like to visit event where I could actually talk to people who are really making the cider and get in touch with them, small to medium high quality production would be of main interest (bio would be nice).

Sincerely,

Frantisek Apfelbeck

Nick Skelton

Aug 17, 2017, 3:26:20 PM8/17/17
to cider-w...@googlegroups.com
The three best events (in my personal experience) to meet fellow cidermakers while also tasting cider are all in the spring:

Cider and Perry trials at the Big Apple Blossomtime festival: http://www.bigapple.org.uk/cider-trials/
The Welsh Perry & Cider festival at Caldicot Castle https://welshciderfestival.wordpress.com/

In the autumn/winter, consider the Big Apple Harvestime event http://www.bigapple.org.uk/harvestime-2017/ (though I haven't actually been to that so can't recommend it personally)

Nick.

Visit our website: http://www.ciderworkshop.com

Frantisek Algoldor Apfelbeck

Aug 27, 2017, 3:55:02 PM8/27/17
to Cider Workshop
 Thank you Nick for the info, I'm putting it in my diary!

Sincerely,

Frantisek