Public Liability Insurance

bernard bazley

Feb 13, 2018, 2:44:26 AM2/13/18
to Cider Workshop
We are small cider maker start-up. Looking to produce less 1,000 litres this year to a few local shops and restaurants. Does anybody have any advice on Public Liability insurance?

Alan stone

Feb 13, 2018, 3:04:57 AM2/13/18
to cider-w...@googlegroups.com
If you are selling you need it - plus you need to be registered with the local council who will
Want to inspect

Sent from my iPhone

On 12 Feb 2018, at 15:40, 'bernard bazley' via Cider Workshop <cider-w...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

We are small cider maker start-up. Looking to produce less 1,000 litres this year to a few local shops and restaurants. Does anybody have any advice on Public Liability insurance?

Visit our website: http://www.ciderworkshop.com

Chris Smoldon

Feb 13, 2018, 4:19:46 AM2/13/18
to cider-w...@googlegroups.com
Bernard
When am not cider making I am an insurance broker and would suggest you make sure that not only do you have Public Liability but the cover extends to include Products Liability and that your business description encompasses both the making and the selling of cider.  Whilst the price might make it too costly for the amount you are selling you also need to consider if you need the compulsory legal requirement of employers liability. This is required for casual labour or voluntary workers.

On 12 Feb 2018, at 15:40, 'bernard bazley' via Cider Workshop <cider-workshop@googlegroups.com> wrote:

We are small cider maker start-up. Looking to produce less 1,000 litres this year to a few local shops and restaurants. Does anybody have any advice on Public Liability insurance?

Visit our website: http://www.ciderworkshop.com

Visit our website: http://www.ciderworkshop.com

Vince Wakefield

Feb 13, 2018, 5:29:06 AM2/13/18
to cider-w...@googlegroups.com

I use this company, seem ok but never had to make a claim so who knows, EH and local councils have been ok with it so far.

http://www.gmisl.co.uk/site/

Vince

Visit our website: http://www.ciderworkshop.com

Martin campling

Feb 13, 2018, 8:51:00 AM2/13/18
to Cider Workshop
On Tuesday, February 13, 2018 at 7:44:26 AM UTC, bernard bazley wrote:
We are small cider maker start-up. Looking to produce less 1,000 litres this year to a few local shops and restaurants. Does anybody have any advice on Public Liability insurance?

I use these people: http://craftinsurance.co.uk/

However, like Vince, I've never had to make a claim.

   Martin

bernard bazley

Feb 26, 2018, 11:47:44 AM2/26/18
to Cider Workshop
Thanks, I tried them, and got a very competitive quote.

Vince Wakefield

Feb 26, 2018, 11:51:01 AM2/26/18
to cider-w...@googlegroups.com

From which one?