[Development] Horus 0.2 beta4

Jesús Arroyo

May 5, 2016, 6:31:34 AM5/5/16
to ciclop-3d-scanner
Please, test new beta 4 and let me know your feedback:

https://github.com/bqlabs/horus#installation

Btw, try also to adjust manually the C270 camera focus with the pattern for better results.

Regards,
Jesús.

fernandomari...@gmail.com

Jul 3, 2016, 1:45:15 PM7/3/16
to ciclop-3d-scanner
Connect reports wrong Camera ID running under Linux.
The C270 is fully accesible from python, is a specific error from horus.
Bye!

Francois Bujold

Jul 19, 2016, 11:42:47 AM7/19/16
to ciclop-3d-scanner
Instead of tweaking the focus manually what about if we are to increase the distance between the camera and the platform? The minimal focus distance would be respected and we would not have to "risk" the camera.

sprin...@gmail.com

Sep 28, 2016, 2:33:16 AM9/28/16
to ciclop-3d-scanner
Hello Arroyo..
I have a question...
My computer is Windows10 64bit Home Edition , CPU Core i5-5200 , RAM 12GB...
When I open Horus...I can't connect my logitech C270...
Whever i can use Logitech Webcam Software  , it work normal~
How can i do?
Please Help me...Thanks!

Jesús Arroyo於 2016年5月5日星期四 UTC+8下午6時31分34秒寫道:

Jean-Francois F.

Sep 30, 2016, 3:47:13 AM9/30/16
to ciclop-3d-scanner, sprin...@gmail.com
From what I've read in other posts, it seems there is a problem between Windows 10 and the logitech C270. Some advise to install latests updates from windows 10 and logitech C270 drivers to solve. Hope may help.

Rob Schofield

Oct 5, 2016, 5:35:48 PM10/5/16
to ciclop-3d-scanner
There are no responses forthcoming at the URL suggested below. Is this project even active? It smells of "orphan" at the moment.

Fabien Devaux

Oct 10, 2016, 7:35:30 PM10/10/16
to ciclop-3d-scanner, fernandomari...@gmail.com
I try to make it work on Linux & did good progress, now I can somehow scan.

cea...@gmail.com

Oct 11, 2016, 9:17:35 PM10/11/16
to ciclop-3d-scanner

Scanner appears to work but all the scans look like the object is spinning. I dropped step to .5 and speed to 75. The same problem with one or two lasers but worse with two. Using Horus .2b4 and tried all other versions, Any ideas, suggestions or help would be appreciated. chuck

No automatic alt text available.

Scanner appears to work but all the scans look like the object is spinning. I dropped step to .5 and speed to 75. The same problem with one or two lasers but worse with two. Using Ciclop with Horus .2b4 and tried all other versions on Windows 10 64bit i7 laptop, Any ideas, suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. chuck

Fabien Devaux

Oct 11, 2016, 9:32:00 PM10/11/16
to ciclop-3d-scanner, cea...@gmail.com
After making sure eveything looks nice with the grid pattern in the adjustment tab,
go to calibration tab and execute those calibration steps in order:
- camera
- platform
- lasers

Then try to scan something again...

chuck armstrong

Oct 12, 2016, 12:21:46 AM10/12/16
to ciclop-3d-scanner, cea...@gmail.com
Merci Fabien that helped.  I had a painted solid black background and texture.  Changed to laser from texture and worked much better except the back of statue was missing.  Changed background to solid white and  getting more of the figure but still showing some moving artifacts.   I won't get a chance to work on this for a few days.
MickeyMouse2.jpg

franck DELIESSCHE

Oct 18, 2016, 10:39:16 PM10/18/16
to ciclop-3d-scanner
salut voici un petit tuto en francais pour régler le focus de la web cam
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B60x1rPygEo8UHdZbWItdXRhS28

le model pour calibrer le focus de la web cam

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B60x1rPygEo8amU4SV9ERkZBeEE

in...@cowtechengineering.com

Oct 24, 2016, 2:34:42 AM10/24/16
to ciclop-3d-scanner, cea...@gmail.com
That is a moderate scan. You will often have some artifacts like that, especially if you are intent on capturing all the color and scan in a high light environment. Most of the artifacts can be easily removed in post processing.

Fabien Devaux

Oct 24, 2016, 4:38:12 AM10/24/16
to in...@cowtechengineering.com, ciclop-3d-scanner, cea...@gmail.com

I developed a simple blender plugin to get rid of those artifacts in case you are interested...

Le 24 oct. 2016 8:34 AM, <in...@cowtechengineering.com> a écrit :

> That is a moderate scan. You will often have some artifacts like that, especially if you are intent on capturing all the color and scan in a high light environment. Most of the artifacts can be easily removed in post processing.
>

> On Tuesday, October 11, 2016 at 10:21:46 PM UTC-6, chuck armstrong wrote:

>> Merci Fabien that helped.  I had a painted solid black background and texture.  Changed to laser from texture and worked much better except the back of statue was missing.  Changed background to solid white and  getting more of the figure but still showing some moving artifacts.   I won't get a chance to work on this for a few days.
>>
>> On Tuesday, October 11, 2016 at 6:32:00 PM UTC-7, Fabien Devaux wrote:

>>> After making sure eveything looks nice with the grid pattern in the adjustment tab,
>>> go to calibration tab and execute those calibration steps in order:
>>> - camera
>>> - platform
>>> - lasers
>>>
>>> Then try to scan something again...

Cláudio Sampaio

Oct 24, 2016, 4:45:32 AM10/24/16
to Fabien Devaux, in...@cowtechengineering.com, ciclop-3d-scanner, cea...@gmail.com
On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 6:38 AM, Fabien Devaux <fde...@gmail.com> wrote:

I developed a simple blender plugin to get rid of those artifacts in case you are interested...

​I think we all would be interested in such plugin! I too am having some artifacts on my scans...​

​Best regards,​

--
Cláudio "Patola" Sampaio
MakerLinux Labs - Campinas, SP

Fabien Devaux

Oct 24, 2016, 5:19:03 AM10/24/16
to Cláudio Sampaio, in...@cowtechengineering.com, ciclop-3d-scanner, cea...@gmail.com
Ok, I uploaded a version.
It works in a very simple way:
 it removes any vertice if it doesn't have minimal count of neighbors (two values are user defined), that removes those surrounding "islands" or "rotating lines" quite nicely here, but the process is a bit slow.

Download the addon here:

Fabien Devaux

Oct 24, 2016, 5:29:34 AM10/24/16
to Cláudio Sampaio, in...@cowtechengineering.com, ciclop-3d-scanner, cea...@gmail.com
You can remove the line that deletes the selected vertex to just select the "bad" ones (gives you a chance to fix the result before deleting).
If the addon is too difficult to use, ask and I'll try to do something...

Cláudio Sampaio

Oct 24, 2016, 7:07:46 AM10/24/16
to Fabien Devaux, in...@cowtechengineering.com, ciclop-3d-scanner, cea...@gmail.com
The addon is very easy to use. I cleaned a bunch of scans with it. Works very well and is quite to the point. Congratulations.

Fabien Devaux

Oct 24, 2016, 7:23:19 AM10/24/16
to Cláudio Sampaio, ciclop-3d-scanner, chuck armstrong, in...@cowtechengineering.com

I'm very glad it's useful to someone else!
I have all the pieces to make ciclop usable from blender, I don't write the glue code because I'm having troubles with the calibration part, which is mandatory.

Do someone know where I can find people interested in helping? We could make a generic scanning software inside blender. Supporting other webcam or even dslr would be easy...

Cláudio Sampaio

Oct 24, 2016, 7:33:43 AM10/24/16
to Fabien Devaux, ciclop-3d-scanner, chuck armstrong, in...@cowtechengineering.com
What do you have? What would be your plans? I usually try meshlab and cloudcompare before importing it into Blender. However I am having difficulty with Blender for seeing the colors of the PLY cloud, I don't understand why it does not show it.

I know a guy who wrote a book about facial reconstruction using meshlab and Blender and he also has close contact with a few blender script developers. I even forwarded your add-on to him before that. I am studying blender scripting myself, although I do not believe I will be making serious stuff earlier than a couple months from now.

Fabien Devaux

Oct 24, 2016, 7:50:45 AM10/24/16
to Cláudio Sampaio, ciclop-3d-scanner, chuck armstrong, in...@cowtechengineering.com
I currently have some "toy/poc" project able to scan from horus, with a few limitations:
- must reuse horus's calibration.js data
- color not managed yet
- the line segmentation settings can't be changed easily yet

I believe this project is useless as long as it needs a 3rd party software for calibration.
I wrote calibration code, but I don't get correct values from some steps and I still didn't figure why

I use MeshLab for normals & meshing, but I have some ideas to try, that would allow "direct" scanning of a mesh or at least of a pointcloud with correct normals (not computed from the pointcloud in a separate step). I sometimes use Instant Meshes to make the polys, and it could be called from the code... (there is a command line interface for it).

When you press "v" in blender, does it show the colors ?

I'm quite "fluent" in python and have some (not much) experience with blender, my concerns are more about interpreting the flow of matrix transformations & co to figure out my calibration computation mistake(s)... Soon I'll be home with some time I hope to work on it.
Just in case you are interested on the code (now it's a POC, I have the clean version of it in mind but it's currently very draft code)
Especially, the "one pass" calibration code is here:

It's supposed to handle camera intrinsics, platform extrinsics and laser calibration in one pass...

Currently, grabbing the images is a separate step, to test the calibration code, you must do 3 things on the Thot shell:

capture_pattern_lasers
capture_pattern_colors
calibrate

The last one may fail ;) If not it will show the values that can be compared to ~/.horus/calibration.js ones.

Fabien Devaux

Oct 24, 2016, 5:13:40 PM10/24/16
to Cláudio Sampaio, ciclop-3d-scanner, chuck armstrong, in...@cowtechengineering.com
I uploaded a version with bad results but everything seems to work...
My samples can be bad quality, I'll try to see why the result has some deformation... anyway I'm quite glad, i did big progress !!! I have almost good parameters from calibration :D

far...@gmail.com

Nov 6, 2016, 10:02:11 AM11/6/16
to ciclop-3d-scanner
Ok so how would one accomplish this? I.e. What dimensions, lengths, distances, angles, platform rotation speeds and intrinsics? The reason I ask is because there are no clear or set variables for exact dimensions for this thing. I've seen the .pdf showing the ideal angles and distances in millimeters but that .pdf is flawed, and the distances are inaccurate because there is no way for the center of the camera to be mounted that high above the platform.

far...@gmail.com

Nov 6, 2016, 10:07:43 AM11/6/16
to ciclop-3d-scanner
I've tried every single combination of solutions to remedy bad scans and every thing I try makes my scans look exactly like yours.

I tried a new camera with auto focus, dismantling the whole unit and rebuilding it per the instructions, building a light diffuser around it and putting that inside a sealed box, tried every single combination and type of light bulbs available to civilians, and my scans still always turn out just like yours, like an object streaking swiftly past the camera.

These forums have been of some help but most people just post more questions than provide solutions or post broad generalizations. For something so "open source" people sure are tight lipped about how they went about getting such perfect scans.

tim6...@aol.com

Dec 13, 2016, 6:36:00 PM12/13/16
to ciclop-3d-scanner
I completed the assembly for the Bq cicplop 3-D scanner not sure where to go from here?

Jason Smith

Dec 13, 2016, 6:40:35 PM12/13/16
to tim6...@aol.com, ciclop-3d-scanner
Well....there are a number of remaining steps but nothing super complex. Have you installed Horus?

On Tue, Dec 13, 2016 at 4:36 PM, tim62872 via ciclop-3d-scanner <ciclop-3...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
I completed the assembly for the Bq cicplop 3-D scanner not sure where to go from here?

Founder, CowTech Engineering

Jason Smith

Dec 13, 2016, 7:27:53 PM12/13/16
to Tim Westbrook, ciclop-3d-scanner
No, the camera should plug into your laptop only.

On Tue, Dec 13, 2016 at 5:14 PM, Tim Westbrook <tim6...@aol.com> wrote:
No I have not. It also looks like the camera should be plugged into the underside of the motherboard. Is that correct?

Sent from my iPhone

On Tue, Dec 13, 2016 at 4:36 PM, tim62872 via ciclop-3d-scanner <ciclop-3d-scanner@googlegroups.com> wrote:
I completed the assembly for the Bq cicplop 3-D scanner not sure where to go from here?

Founder, CowTech Engineering

Fabien Devaux

Dec 13, 2016, 8:58:36 PM12/13/16
to ciclop-3d-scanner
Don't mess too much, most of the things are pretty unnecessary and it works fine without it.

Only the motor montage is mandatory.
Once you have it, place the two lasers and the camera how you "feel" it, it will be good enough.

Jason Smith

Dec 14, 2016, 1:33:17 PM12/14/16
to Tim Westbrook, ciclop-3d-scanner
Yes, you need to get it from the BQ github. We have compiled links to every Ciclop resource from both CowTech and BQ at www.cowtechengineering.com/downloads

On Wed, Dec 14, 2016 at 10:06 AM, Tim Westbrook <tim6...@aol.com> wrote:
I can't seam to find the right Horus software to run my bq ciclop scanner. Is there a certain website I could look at?

Sent from my iPhone

Jana Bergevin

Jan 3, 2017, 7:15:39 PM1/3/17
to ciclop-3d-scanner
Where is the beta 4 download link? Or is this now the 0.2rc1 version?

Jason Smith

Jan 3, 2017, 8:49:47 PM1/3/17
to ciclop-3d-scanner
Pretty sure it's the current 0.2rc1

Eddie Kennedy

Jan 9, 2017, 6:45:14 AM1/9/17
to ciclop-3d-scanner

Jesus please advise. I cannot calibrate my Cyclop no matter what I do. Changing ambient  light source and intensity, using different settings, nothing works. occasionally I get the coloured lines but when I move on to the next calibration sequence I get a failed to calibrate message. When I go back to the previous sequence where I got the coloured lines they are gone and I get a  failed message again. I have changed the board and both lasers but still at square one! What at can I do please.

Eddie Kennedy, Durban, South Africa  ed...@kilosec.com

Jason Smith

Jan 9, 2017, 9:38:16 AM1/9/17
to Eddie Kennedy, ciclop-3d-scanner
You should get the colored lines all the time when the camera is seeing the pattern. Ideally, the lines should be visible for about 45 degrees of rotation in either direction.

If you post a pic of your setup, we might be able to detect some common issues.

On Jan 9, 2017 4:45 AM, "Eddie Kennedy" <kilos...@gmail.com> wrote:

Jesus please advise. I cannot calibrate my Cyclop no matter what I do. Changing ambient  light source and intensity, using different settings, nothing works. occasionally I get the coloured lines but when I move on to the next calibration sequence I get a failed to calibrate message. When I go back to the previous sequence where I got the coloured lines they are gone and I get a  failed message again. I have changed the board and both lasers but still at square one! What at can I do please.

Eddie Kennedy, Durban, South Africa  ed...@kilosec.com

Eddie Kennedy

Fabien Devaux

Jan 10, 2017, 6:11:21 AM1/10/17
to Eddie Kennedy, ciclop-3d-scanner, ja...@cowtechengineering.com
The calibration in Horus is PITA and badly designed for some aspects, especially the camera calibration and the lack of user feedback.
If there is anyone ready to improve Horus I could give some hints on what I did on Thot that makes calibration a matter of seconds.

ja...@cowtechengineering.com

Jan 10, 2017, 11:53:53 PM1/10/17
to ciclop-3d-scanner, kilos...@gmail.com, ja...@cowtechengineering.com
Fabien,

We are very interested in pursuing improvement of Horus, in particular the calibration and setup procedures. I haven't seen much from BQ on this forum in a few months, but I imagine they would also be interested in this. Email us at in...@cowtechengineering.com and we can discuss?

Jason

ja...@cowtechengineering.com

Jan 10, 2017, 11:58:03 PM1/10/17
to ciclop-3d-scanner, kilos...@gmail.com, ja...@cowtechengineering.com
Eddie,

As long as the light source doesn't change, you should get the colored pattern at all times when the camera is looking at the pattern. From the example provided, I would say there is too much direct light on the pattern. What calibration steps have you been trying? I recommend you check out the CT scan guide at www.cowtechengineering.com/downloads to give you some additional tips.

Jason

Eddie Kennedy

Jan 11, 2017, 6:20:01 AM1/11/17
to ciclop-3d-scanner, kilos...@gmail.com, ja...@cowtechengineering.com
Hi Jason you are a goddamn miracle worker. Without following the step by step instructions in the CowTech Ciclop 3D Scanning Guide v1.1 there is no way in hell that I would have got this right. Chasing those elusive coloured lines by changing light source and intensity while a the same time tweaking the settings in the various modules was an exercise in patience and when the resultant scan actually worked what a feeling of happiness.
Thank you so much for the help. I still have a few issues but I will happily mess around with it now with my new knowledge. By the way how do you run Horus. There is no .exe file and I have to use the .bat file to get it going? Again thanks!!

Jason Smith

Jan 11, 2017, 12:08:22 PM1/11/17
to Eddie Kennedy, ciclop-3d-scanner, Jason Smith
Alright! Great to see progress. Not totally sure what you mean by how to run Horus? You must be running it to scan and such.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ciclop-3d-scanner/355c8b4d-130a-4fd1-be28-7e3f0d3e6c13%40googlegroups.com.

Eddie Kennedy

Jan 11, 2017, 1:37:17 PM1/11/17
to ciclop-3d-scanner, kilos...@gmail.com, ja...@cowtechengineering.com
My Horus does not have an .exe file that will boot or start the program. There is a .bat file which is one of the files that will run the program if I click on it. I cannot get a start up icon on the desk top that one would normally click to start a program running and when Horus is installed it does not provide a file to start it up. Trust this makes sense. How do you get Horus to run?  Do gyou have an icon on your desk top?

Jason Smith

Jan 11, 2017, 2:35:07 PM1/11/17
to Eddie Kennedy, ciclop-3d-scanner
Yeah I have a desktop icon. It boots like any normal program. What version are you running?

Eddie Kennedy

Jan 12, 2017, 8:43:30 AM1/12/17
to ciclop-3d-scanner, kilos...@gmail.com, ja...@cowtechengineering.com
Jason it looks like I am running version 0.2rc1 which I see at the top of the screen.  And yours? This is weird. The only .exe file I have is to uninstall the program?

Jason Smith

Jan 12, 2017, 9:20:13 AM1/12/17
to Eddie Kennedy, ciclop-3d-scanner
Bizarre...running the same here. Maybe re-download the package, maybe it got deleted accidentally.

Eddie Kennedy

Feb 15, 2017, 7:29:14 AM2/15/17
to ciclop-3d-scanner, kilos...@gmail.com, ja...@cowtechengineering.com
Hi Jason,
Has anybody anywhere ever got a GOOD scan out of this scanner. I get the coloured lines now and at good angles and all calibrations come out good.  I have never been able to get a decent scan. I bought new lasers and new boards and re did the build with the new electronics. NO bloody luck. The scan I get has big holes and it does not result in a decent usable scan. Tried different lighting in and outside a big box and every conceivable lighting from different artificial lights to the normal light coming into my study So has anybody got a good scan or an I wasting my time (and money) on this scanner???

Eddie, Durban South Africa

[...]

Fabien Devaux

Feb 15, 2017, 8:24:15 AM2/15/17
to Eddie Kennedy, ciclop-3d-scanner, ja...@cowtechengineering.com
I don't think a laser scanner can scan with "good" result.

Jason Smith

Feb 15, 2017, 9:11:13 AM2/15/17
to Fabien Devaux, Eddie Kennedy, ciclop-3d-scanner, Jason Smith
Lots of people have gotten decent scans with it. "Good" may be somewhat arbitrary, as Fabien mentioned, but that is true for 3D scanners across the board right now, even really expensive ones. However, you should defintely be able to get a scan with very minimal holes.

What is the object you are trying to scan?

Fabien Devaux

Feb 15, 2017, 9:56:58 AM2/15/17
to Jason Smith, Eddie Kennedy, ciclop-3d-scanner, Jason Smith
I think you point the main issue: decent / good results can be achieved with very simple shapes (cylinder like) while real world shapes and material color mostly give pitiful results...
That could be largely improved with a second camera and more lasers (with more power as well)...

Jason Smith

Feb 15, 2017, 10:13:03 AM2/15/17
to Fabien Devaux, Eddie Kennedy, ciclop-3d-scanner, Jason Smith
Well, I think it's less about simple shapes, and more about highly scannable shapes, which aren't necessarily simple. There is a reason that practically every 3D scanner on the market, laser or not, has a bust as an example scan. Light colored objects (dark can be coated in flour or other white powder to improve scanning) that have few interior features and don't have sub mm details are excellent to scan.

Rado Mori

Feb 24, 2017, 8:49:36 AM2/24/17
to ciclop-3d-scanner
Hi.
I have big problem with Horus. Manualy, in the Arduino serial monitor, I can move motor, switch lasers on offf, I can use camera with original software, but Horus wont recognize board and camera.
I`m using:
- Win 7
- Horus 0.1.2.4
- CNC shield 3.0 or ZUM board (china)
- Arduino/Genuino (3 pices)
- Arduino uno (china) (2 pices)
- for both board corect firmware

buth nothing work.
What is wrong with Horus????

Jason Smith

Feb 24, 2017, 12:47:48 PM2/24/17
to Rado Mori, ciclop-3d-scanner
What is the exact error message you are seeing? It sounds like a fairly common Horus issue, there is a section on it in the CT Scan Guide. www.cowtechengineering.com/downloads

Rado Mori

Feb 28, 2017, 2:49:53 AM2/28/17
to ciclop-3d-scanner
Sometimes: vrong camera ID, sometimes uplug and plug camera, somtimes board not recognize

Rob Schofield

Feb 28, 2017, 3:02:17 PM2/28/17
to ciclop-3d-scanner
Generally, Horus won't start up if it can't recognise a connected camera that has an operating driver. I would make sure:

- your camera is the correct one
- the correct Logitech drivers are installed
- the camera is functional (check with skype or some such).

If it does recognise and start up, it may still refuse to connect if it's not happy with the selected camera:

- check there is not more than one installed camera driver instance
- look at your device manager list to check the presence of the camera, connected as a USB device, and that it has no problems
- check the selected camera device number in preferences (you should get a list of enumerated devices: if you have just one, then only device 0 should be available).

Rob

kmeg...@gmail.com

Mar 1, 2017, 8:47:21 AM3/1/17
to ciclop-3d-scanner
I was wondering if you have to uninstall and reinstall Horus each time you use it. It seems like a lot of work. Is there any shorter method to run Horus.
Thank You, Tom Megna

Jason Smith

Mar 1, 2017, 11:52:03 AM3/1/17
to Kathy Megna, ciclop-3d-scanner
You defintely do not need to do that. Or shouldn't at least. What is happening that is making you do that?

On Wed, Mar 1, 2017 at 6:47 AM, <kmeg...@gmail.com> wrote:
I was wondering if you have to uninstall and reinstall Horus each time you use it.  It seems like a lot of work. Is there any shorter method to run Horus.
Thank You, Tom Megna

Kathy Megna

Mar 1, 2017, 12:45:18 PM3/1/17
to Jason Smith, ciclop-3d-scanner
How do you make Horus start easy to run!

Jason Smith

Mar 1, 2017, 12:49:26 PM3/1/17
to Kathy Megna, Jason Smith, ciclop-3d-scanner
Horus can be tricky, certainly. I'll probably need some more details about what the problem is in order to help though. Is it giving you board or camera errors?

daydrea...@gmail.com

Mar 9, 2017, 7:24:07 PM3/9/17
to ciclop-3d-scanner
It docent like windows 7 very much.

Chris Cox

Mar 12, 2017, 3:00:34 AM3/12/17
to ciclop-3d-scanner, ja...@cowtechengineering.com, kmeg...@gmail.com
Just launch the python script or the .bat file for horus from the horus directory (or make a shortcut to it and put that on the desktop).
There is no reason to uninstall and reinstall repeatedly...

On Mar 1, 2017 11:52 AM, "Jason Smith" <ja...@cowtechengineering.com> wrote:
You defintely do not need to do that. Or shouldn't at least. What is happening that is making you do that?
On Wed, Mar 1, 2017 at 6:47 AM, <kmeg...@gmail.com> wrote:
I was wondering if you have to uninstall and reinstall Horus each time you use it.  It seems like a lot of work. Is there any shorter method to run Horus.
Thank You, Tom Megna

jingle...@gmail.com

Jul 7, 2017, 11:44:32 AM7/7/17
to ciclop-3d-scanner

Felix EVR

Sep 15, 2017, 9:21:02 PM9/15/17
to ciclop-3d-scanner
Hola Jesus. Gusto en saludarte. Hay alguna forma de mejorar la resolución del scanner?. Leí que tiene 0.5mm de resolución, y me preguntaba si sería posible mejorarla a 0.25mm para aplicaciones que requieran mas precisión. La gran pregunta es: sería un tema de hardware? que con mejores lasers podríamos solucionar. O sería un tema de software?. ¿Por que canal podría ponerme en contacto directo contigo?. Saludos.

neuma...@gmail.com

Oct 22, 2017, 11:33:04 PM10/22/17
to ciclop-3d-scanner
Hi Jesus,

Trying to go to github to get the installer - I get a 404 error message - and there is no way for me to install it.

Can you help me here ?

Many thanks

Isaac - New-Zealand

ja...@cowtechengineering.com

Oct 23, 2017, 12:08:28 AM10/23/17
to ciclop-3d-scanner

KWUN SHING Lok

Oct 25, 2017, 2:15:07 AM10/25/17
to ciclop-3d-scanner
Just only old version Horus v. 0.1.2.4 Windows...may be i missed out something, would u paste any direct link?

ja...@cowtechengineering.com於 2017年10月23日星期一 UTC+8下午12時08分28秒寫道:

ja...@cowtechengineering.com

Oct 26, 2017, 12:20:36 AM10/26/17
to ciclop-3d-scanner

franck DELIESSCHE

Oct 26, 2017, 2:18:01 AM10/26/17
to ciclop-3d-scanner
salut , j ai fait un petit tuto pour la mise au point de la web cam
voici le liens >

si cela peut aider

ici le liens de tous les tuto

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B60x1rPygEo8alduS0I4dTJvOHM

franck DELIESSCHE

Oct 26, 2017, 2:19:34 AM10/26/17
to ciclop-3d-scanner
voici des tuto pour le mise en route du scanner en Français

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B60x1rPygEo8alduS0I4dTJvOHM

patrick...@gmail.com

Jan 20, 2018, 8:31:50 AM1/20/18
to ciclop-3d-scanner
Dear Jesus,

The page for downloading the Horus application does not work, 404 error appear.

I ha ve bought the scanner Ciclop but no software attach

where can I get it?

thanks for answer

regards

patrick...@gmail.com

Jason Smith

Jan 20, 2018, 9:26:16 AM1/20/18
to patrick...@gmail.com, ciclop-3d-scanner
You can get all the necessary documents and software at www.cowtechengineering.com/downloads. BQ no longer supports the ciclop project.

Fabien Devaux

Jan 20, 2018, 1:37:23 PM1/20/18
to Jason Smith, patrick...@gmail.com, ciclop-3d-scanner
Bad news :(
So there is no plan anymore to create the mesh from the software directly for instance?
Is Horus still maintained by someone?
I got a 3D printer & am considering re-using my 3D scanner & fix some of the issues found out of the box.
I already worked on an alternative software but it has not really a GUI (only visualisation + shell for commands), and my lines detection algorithm (from images) isn't as good as the Horus one, some more work has to be done here. My plan was to use it as a library integrated into blender but I stopped using the scanner at some point.
Anyway, if you know a more opensource/collaborative place around this scanner I would be glad to know for potential contributions in the future.

Le jeudi 5 mai 2016 12:31:34 UTC+2, Jesús Arroyo a écrit :
Please, test new beta 4 and let me know your feedback:

https://github.com/bqlabs/horus#installation

Btw, try also to adjust manually the C270 camera focus with the pattern for better results.

Regards,
Jesús.

Jason Smith

Jan 20, 2018, 1:48:53 PM1/20/18
to Fabien Devaux, Patrick-A. Lange, ciclop-3d-scanner
Unfortunately, there are no further developments or maintenance for Horus. BQ completely ghosted their involvement in the Ciclop project well over a year ago.

As far as development goes from the user end, this google group seems to be the best place to discuss it, perhaps the github as well?

Fabien Devaux

Jan 21, 2018, 5:02:31 AM1/21/18
to Jason Smith, Patrick-A. Lange, ciclop-3d-scanner
When you mention github you are thinking about https://github.com/LibreScanner/horus ?
Do more people have permissions on it or is there any fork taking over ?

corey...@mybluelight.com

Jan 27, 2018, 2:33:33 PM1/27/18
to ciclop-3d-scanner
When I click on Windows Horus installer I get a 404 error? I need to install Horus  to use my Cyclops scanner!

zang...@gmail.com

Mar 1, 2018, 2:23:53 AM3/1/18
to ciclop-3d-scanner
you can get it from:https://github.com/LibreScanner/horus/releases

Vào 02:33:33 UTC+7 Chủ Nhật, ngày 28 tháng 1 năm 2018, corey...@mybluelight.com đã viết:

kurt0kasem

Jun 1, 2018, 5:28:32 PM6/1/18
to ciclop-3d-scanner
I would love to do so, but as I try to Downlaod the installer for Win10 it shows Error 404, do you put it offline or am I the only one with this problem?

marko...@gmail.com

Aug 8, 2018, 1:41:51 AM8/8/18
to ciclop-3d-scanner
I have stupidly bought this machine. I cannot even find the software to make it work. Don't buy it.

Jason Smith

Aug 8, 2018, 8:42:04 AM8/8/18
to marko...@gmail.com, ciclop-3d-scanner
All the software is relatively easy to find. Just go to our website, www.cowtechengineering.com/downloads

On Tue, Aug 7, 2018 at 11:41 PM, <marko...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have stupidly bought this machine. I cannot even find the software to make it work. Don't buy it.

Laurent Torres

Aug 23, 2018, 9:39:33 AM8/23/18
to ciclop-3d-scanner
Hello,
i'm looking for horus application for my ciclop (windows 10). But the link return in error 404 .. Where i can find it ?
Regards

Jason Smith

Aug 23, 2018, 9:40:17 AM8/23/18
to Laurent Torres, ciclop-3d-scanner
The link in the Scan Guide is dead, head to cowtechengineering.com/downloads and use the links there.

newsk...@yahoo.com

Sep 30, 2018, 10:15:33 AM9/30/18
to ciclop-3d-scanner
hey mine wont rotate and tech doesn't have a fix and wont sent any tech info to insure proper testing to there guide lines just keep telling me there's something wrong but cant seem to tell me what  ????? ,it would be nice to be able to use it, I pay you for it in good faith please do the same.the tech I have helping me wants this info so he can follow there testing line so we can get it working please see if we can get this resolved or send my money back.

con...@chocovision.fr

Oct 6, 2018, 2:47:17 PM10/6/18
to ciclop-3d-scanner
Problème identique sous Linux Bionic (18.04) avec Horus 0.2rc1.1
Le message affiché est le suivant: " you probably have selected the wrong camera. Please select another camera ID "
Pourtant, la camera fonctionne avec cheese et vlc.
Existe-t-il une solution ?

Le dimanche 3 juillet 2016 19:45:15 UTC+2, fernandomari...@gmail.com a écrit :
Connect reports wrong Camera ID running under Linux.
The C270 is fully accesible from python, is a specific error from horus.
Bye!

ricchin59

Dec 23, 2018, 5:13:45 PM12/23/18
to ciclop-3d-scanner
I have  had my cyclops for two years now...can't tell how much time i have wasted trying to get this cobbled up piece of crap to work...the hardware is fine... the software and its unexplained "errors" are the headache...I'm still looking for a decently priced one that is just ...plug and play...seen videos of this thing working fine, not mine...the dam platform extrinsics calibration failure... and no explanation on how to fix it...but what can one expect for $200 bucks...at least something that works...I have spent at least that in hours trying to get it to work...my only option now is the hammer test...if it fails that, at least I have the satisfaction of smashing my $200 bucks to dust.

Fix your dam software so the thing works...

ricchin59

Dec 23, 2018, 5:21:56 PM12/23/18
to ciclop-3d-scanner
Even the github site for this link you have posted is a 404....which is appropriate for a beta 4...classic,

unknown

Jan 25, 2019, 4:31:53 PM1/25/19
to ciclop-3d-scanner

ott...@googlemail.com

Jan 28, 2019, 7:02:53 AM1/28/19
to ciclop-3d-scanner
Looks like the project's dead anyway...

John Duchek

Feb 1, 2019, 10:30:15 PM2/1/19
to ciclop-3d-scanner

I am hoping Jesus, that you are out there somewhere and still reading this.   The software isn't bad, but most of the versions will no longer install.  I have tried to install it on windows, ubuntu 16, Fedora with directions given.  None actually install correctly.  Ubuntu goes out to a repository and says some dependency doesn't work.  The ONLY version I found that does install and work is ubunt 14.04.  That version of ubuntu is pretty long in the tooth.  Even if you are no longer supporting software improvements, It would be a big help to everyone if you could make all of the versions installable again.
I cannot believe that it would take someone who knows the code to fix dependency problems and such.
A little help could go a long way here.
john

basti...@gmail.com

Mar 5, 2019, 12:23:43 PM3/5/19
to ciclop-3d-scanner
Merci. Je vais essayer ta solution car je désespère. Merci pour ce tuto.

Le mercredi 19 octobre 2016, 4:39:16 (UTC + 2), franck DELIESSCHE a écrit:
salut voici un petit tuto en francais pour régler le focus de la web cam
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B60x1rPygEo8UHdZbWItdXRhS28

le model pour calibrer le focus de la web cam

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B60x1rPygEo8amU4SV9ERkZBeEE

Le jeudi 5 mai 2016 12:31:34 UTC+2, Jesús Arroyo a écrit :
S'il vous plaît, testez la nouvelle version 4 et faites-moi part de vos commentaires:

https://github.com/bqlabs/horus # installation

Btw, essayez également de régler manuellement la mise au point de la caméra C270 avec le motif pour obtenir de meilleurs résultats.

Cordialement,
Jesús.

skalai...@gmail.com

Mar 13, 2019, 9:25:49 AM3/13/19
to ciclop-3d-scanner
During scanning I've got 3 full rotation.hence scanned object looks like circular ( I've used a doll and it contains 3face ). Please help me to rectify this..

esthe...@gmail.com

Mar 20, 2019, 7:19:36 AM3/20/19
to ciclop-3d-scanner
BUENAS BIAS JESUA .
COMPRE UN ESCANER DE CICLOPE Y ME SALTANDO UN ERROR DE DE LA CAMARA , Y DE LA PLACA , Y NO SE COMO SOLUCIONARLO .
TIENES ALGUN RESPUESTA ?
UN SALUDO

amr.m...@gmail.com

Oct 6, 2019, 3:45:38 PM10/6/19
to ciclop-3d-scanner
The Windows installer for 0.2rc1 version of Horus seem to no longer be on the GitHub website.  Can you check the link?

Thanks!

carol.d...@gmail.com

Oct 18, 2019, 6:44:28 PM10/18/19
to ciclop-3d-scanner

Bastien HIEYTE

Oct 19, 2019, 10:02:01 AM10/19/19
to carol.d...@gmail.com, ciclop-3d-scanner

Thanks !

Provenance : Courrier pour Windows 10

De : carol.d...@gmail.com
Envoyé le :samedi 19 octobre 2019 00:44
À : ciclop-3d-scanner
Objet :Re: [Development] Horus 0.2 beta4

bahi...@gmail.com

Nov 13, 2019, 5:05:32 AM11/13/19
to ciclop-3d-scanner
Hi Jesus,

Any luck running Horus on RPi3? Been looking for documentation around with no luck. Right now the app runs but I get the following error when choosing camera:
HIGHGUI ERROR: V4L: Property Exposure(15) not supported by device
I understand I should use custom openCV (https://github.com/LibreScanner/opencv/wiki) but don't understand how to do so for RPi3. Any advice?

Regards,
Bahij

worldmusicsugarland

Aug 13, 2020, 7:10:50 PM8/13/20
to ciclop-3d-scanner
I like Blender although I've been using Meshlab to check them out. I would be interested to see your Python fix.