A GROCERY FOR CHUMUCKLA

Vic Campbell

Jun 28, 2014, 9:40:17 AM6/28/14
to chum...@googlegroups.com
A lot of people in the 200 square miles surrounding the center of Chumuckla would like to see a grocery serving local needs. We have a growing and expanding meat market that needs eventually to expand to more exposure (I think). Many people want someplace within five miles were groceries of a reasonable cost and selection can be obtained without a 20 to 30 mile trip to surrounding town centers. There is a perception that many of these people can cut their weekly gas bill by $20 or more by just having a small grocer in the region of Chumuckla. BUT ... some people do not want to have change like that. They think a grocery or other retail outlets will increase traffic and defile the rural nature of the community. It is an honest difference of opinion.

 IF you have an opinion or want to suggest some was to approach a grocery for the community or if you have other ideas that will support having a grocery here, add your thoughts here. Also if you disagree - let your thoughts be heard as well.  Here is one property that is being suggested: