ChromeDriver Architecture.

Nhữ Văn Cử

Nov 5, 2015, 3:57:31 AM11/5/15
to ChromeDriver Users
Hi ChromeDriver Users,

I'm working on a Selenium Project. In now, I want to understand deeply about the ChromeDriver. So Please help me to awser these question:
1. The architecture of ChromeDriver?
2. How to download source code(I can't see project source code)
3. How ChromeDriver communication with Selenium(WebDriver) and Chrome Browser

Thank you so much!

Sam Uong

Nov 5, 2015, 7:09:45 PM11/5/15
to Nhữ Văn Cử, ChromeDriver Users
I'm not sure exactly what you want to know about the architecture, but at a high level ChromeDriver implements the WebDriver protocol, which is a REST-like interface defined here. WebDriver clients communicate with ChromeDriver by sending HTTP requests. ChromeDriver then communicates with the browser through the DevTools remote debugging interface, which is a WebSockets interface described here.

The ChromeDriver sources are in the Chromium tree, and you can check out a copy by following these instructions: https://www.chromium.org/developers/how-tos/get-the-code

Most of the code is under the src/chrome/test/chormedriver directory. The main function is in chromedriver_server.cc, which sets up an HttpServer that responds to each HTTP request. If you want to follow the code for each WebDriver command, you can start at http_handler.cc, which contains a mapping from each WebDriver command to the C++ function that implements it. The best way to familiarize yourself with the code is to pick a command and follow what it does starting from http_handler.cc.

Hope this helps.

Sam.

Nhữ Văn Cử

Nov 6, 2015, 6:04:23 AM11/6/15
to ChromeDriver Users, nvc...@gmail.com
Hi Sam,

Thank you so much for your support. That is good information for me. Hope everything good to you.

Have a nice day!

Vào 07:09:45 UTC+7 Thứ Sáu, ngày 06 tháng 11 năm 2015, Sam Uong đã viết:
Message has been deleted