vm.c

Marc Nieper-Wißkirchen

Jul 15, 2017, 9:26:52 AM7/15/17
to chibi-scheme
Alex,

do you have written down some internals of your virtual machine? For evaluation and demonstration purposes, I would like to implement the two primitives I talked about in https://srfi-email.schemers.org/srfi-155/msg/6065261.

I think I can grok the source code but having some documentation on the stack layout and how procedure calls (especially tail calls) and parameter and return values work would be nicer.

Marc

Alex Shinn

Jul 15, 2017, 9:49:18 PM7/15/17
to chibi-...@googlegroups.com
Nothing written down, but I can at least sketch out the stack structure.  Delimited continuations and delimited dynamic bindings built on continuation marks are a long-standing todo.

Marc Nieper-Wißkirchen

Jul 17, 2017, 7:42:59 AM7/17/17
to chibi-scheme
Am Sonntag, 16. Juli 2017 03:49:18 UTC+2 schrieb Alex Shinn:
Nothing written down, but I can at least sketch out the stack structure.

That would be great and certainly helpful for future work and contributions to Chibi's virtual machine.

Delimited continuations and delimited dynamic bindings built on continuation marks are a long-standing todo.

How would your implementation of delimited continuations on top of continuation marks look like? Do you want to install a continuation mark for each active procedure on the call-stack?

--

Marc

Marc Nieper-Wißkirchen

Jul 30, 2017, 2:36:56 PM7/30/17
to chibi-scheme
I wrote a specification for continuation marks in SRFI 157. It also includes a sample implementation, which, however, is just an IEEE 1178-1990 Scheme running in a host scheme. It would be nice to see a native implementation in an R7RS scheme.

--

Marc