Menards Homer Glen Disputes $0.98 Charge -- Unbelievable!

Unk...@nomail.ltd

Nov 10, 2008, 10:56:54 PM11/10/08
I recently purchaseed several items for a shower repair at the Menards
in Homer Glen. As part of the purchase there were two cartons of
Plumber's Putty at $0.98 each. While packing them in the plastic bags
somehow one of them had been innocently left behind in one of the
bags.

Something I had not noticed until I arrived home. Normally, I would
have forgotten about it but since my wife did not like the shower
fixture I had to return it (unopened) and mentioned the mistake about
the Putty at the Return's Desk. The clerk contacted a manger who came
over and after I explained what I had done she left without saying
anything.

I asked the clerk what was she doing and was told she was "reviewing
the tape". She was going to review a video tape over a $0.98 item;
unbelievable! As I waited I mentioned to the clerk that if I knew it
was going to cause this much effort I would have forgotten about it.

A full ten minutes later she retruned with an attitude to inform me I
had purchased the two items. That was something I had already
acknowledged and had stated earlier but I had not left the store with
it. Her response "It's your fault not ours!" Her attitude caused a
mild scene upon which she instructed me to leave the store.

I did and filed a report with Menards Corporate office and received
the typical double-speak.

One can only conclude a couple points:

1) Menards hires and employs amateur managers with poor attitudes and
little flexibility.
2) Profits are down otherwise why make a point over $0.98.
3) Menards does not understand the concept of "goodwill".

All of which leads one to conclude that they do not deserve my
business and will not be getting it in the future.

Others can make their own decision but be advised that if they show
resistance over $0.98, implying that you may be attempting to get
something for nothing, then what would happen with larger dollar
values?

spamtr...@gmail.com

Nov 10, 2008, 11:45:45 PM11/10/08
On Nov 10, 7:56 pm, Unkn...@nomail.ltd wrote:

> Something I had not noticed until I arrived home. Normally, I would
> have forgotten about it but since my wife did not like the shower
> fixture I had to return it (unopened) and mentioned the mistake about
> the Putty at the Return's Desk. The clerk contacted a manger who came
> over and after I explained what I had done she left without saying
> anything.
>
> I asked the clerk what was she doing and was told she was "reviewing
> the tape". She was going to review a video tape over a $0.98 item;
> unbelievable! As I waited I mentioned to the clerk that if I knew it
> was going to cause this much effort I would have forgotten about it.
>
> A full ten minutes later she retruned with an attitude to inform me I
> had purchased the two items. That was something I had already
> acknowledged and had stated earlier but I had not left the store with
> it. Her response "It's your fault not ours!" Her attitude caused a
> mild scene upon which she instructed me to leave the store.

You're an idiot to expect personal service from a big box store. My
advice is to buy all your little household items from your local
hardware. Then you will get the treatment one expects as a regular
customer instead of a faceless drone. Plus, you will discover that
maintenance things are often much cheaper at the ACE/True Value.

Chicago Paddling-Fishing

Nov 11, 2008, 1:28:28 AM11/11/08

I left a $25 box of deck screws on my cart one night at Home Depot when I was
picking up lumber to build a wheel chair ramp. I didn't realize my mistake
until the next day when I went to start installing it so I went over and asked
and sure enough, whomever brought in the carts at night had found my screws and
set them aside with a note.

I was happy with Home Depot... (also they take Amex, Menards won't...)

I like Amex, they are pretty ruthless with vendors when it comes to protesting
stuff (although they did let someone charge the price of a new VW on my
card one month... not so sure I like their security)...

--
John Nelson
Chicago Area Paddling/Fishing Page

Brent P

Nov 11, 2008, 1:40:53 AM11/11/08

> Plus, you will discover that
> maintenance things are often much cheaper at the ACE/True Value.

Since when? I've walked over to the local HW store and *never* have I
found something for less there. When they have a big sale it might be
the same. The benefit is that I can walk there, not low prices.

Local hardware store by parents had JB Weld for over $6 when it was
needed in a pinch.... it's like $4 in the bigger stores. But again,
proximity was the driving force.

Unk...@nomail.ltd

Nov 11, 2008, 7:22:58 AM11/11/08
While I might agree with the major point of your comment I always
wonder what triggers the initial characterization. From my
point-of-view it minimizes any point you might be making.

As for the big box outlets I avoid them whenever possible. But if you
are looking for a variety of shower fixtures, I had already visited
local plumbing supply houses, then I went to Menards because it was
on-the-way to another location. Found what I thought was a good fit
and decided to pickup some other items at the same time. It didn't
work and I know it!

I probably can remember real oldtime hardware stores better than you
and I miss them for their knowledge, variety and comprehensiveness.
But communities like mine and all too many others are driven into
offering sweatheart deals to the big box's at the expense of driving
out the smaller hardware stores.

I believe those decisions to be wrong but it aint going to change; if
anything it will only get worse.

On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 20:45:45 -0800 (PST), spamtr...@gmail.com

Unk...@nomail.ltd

Nov 11, 2008, 7:27:52 AM11/11/08

>I left a $25 box of deck screws on my cart one night at Home Depot when I was
>picking up lumber to build a wheel chair ramp. I didn't realize my mistake
>until the next day when I went to start installing it so I went over and asked
>and sure enough, whomever brought in the carts at night had found my screws and
>set them aside with a note.
>
>I was happy with Home Depot... (also they take Amex, Menards won't...)
>
>I like Amex, they are pretty ruthless with vendors when it comes to protesting
>stuff (although they did let someone charge the price of a new VW on my
>card one month... not so sure I like their security)...

Agree totally with your comment and would only add that Amex has a
Point System that improves with increased dollar purchases.

And last, Home Depot generally offers lower prices than Lowes.

Sadly, none of them treat their employees very well with weekly
changes to schedules and low pay; although Home Depot does offer
health insurance for part-time.

Will Renkel

Nov 11, 2008, 8:17:35 AM11/11/08
sounds familiar - my problem was with Menards Glen Ellyn.
They played bait and switch on a shed.
They also gave me a hard time even though sales person admitted his mistake.
I had charged it on discover card.
Submitted claim to discover.
They stopped payment and I have NEVER been charged the $1000+ since.
So I got it free!
And its been over two years!
Have never been back to Menards and dont plan on ever going again!

Will Renkel
Wheaton, Ill.

spamtr...@gmail.com wrote:
>On Nov 10, 7:56 pm, Unkn...@nomail.ltd wrote:
>

>> Something I had not noticed until I arrived home. Normally, I would
>> have forgotten about it but since my wife did not like the shower
>> fixture I had to return it (unopened) and mentioned the mistake about
>> the Putty at the Return's Desk. The clerk contacted a manger who came
>> over and after I explained what I had done she left without saying
>> anything.
>>
>> I asked the clerk what was she doing and was told she was "reviewing
>> the tape". She was going to review a video tape over a $0.98 item;
>> unbelievable! As I waited I mentioned to the clerk that if I knew it
>> was going to cause this much effort I would have forgotten about it.
>>
>> A full ten minutes later she retruned with an attitude to inform me I
>> had purchased the two items. That was something I had already
>> acknowledged and had stated earlier but I had not left the store with
>> it. Her response "It's your fault not ours!" Her attitude caused a
>> mild scene upon which she instructed me to leave the store.

peteinchicago

Nov 11, 2008, 8:56:37 AM11/11/08

On Nov 10, 7:56 pm, Unkn...@nomail.ltd wrote:

> 1) Menards hires and employs amateur managers with poor attitudes and

> little flexibility...

i needed a can of primer - very specific primer for a resin deck i was
changing the color of

only one can left and it was dented - a very big dent which almost
popped the lid of the five-gallon can

how bout knocking a couple bucks off? no no we can't do that -
that's the price and i can't mark it down

GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE...this was the Aurora Avenue Store in
Naperville

Unk...@nomail.ltd

Nov 11, 2008, 10:47:00 AM11/11/08
On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 14:17:35 +0100 (CET), nob...@nowhere.com (Will
Renkel) wrote:

>sounds familiar - my problem was with Menards Glen Ellyn.
>They played bait and switch on a shed.
>They also gave me a hard time even though sales person admitted his mistake.
>I had charged it on discover card.
>Submitted claim to discover.
>They stopped payment and I have NEVER been charged the $1000+ since.
>So I got it free!
>And its been over two years!
>Have never been back to Menards and dont plan on ever going again!

Here I thought my experience was unique. Guess not!

Like the others I will NEVER shop there again. As I prefer to say in
these situations -- I wish them the best of failure; and soon.

Cydrome Leader

Nov 11, 2008, 11:08:45 AM11/11/08
Brent P <tetraethylle...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On 2008-11-11, spamtr...@gmail.com <spamtr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Plus, you will discover that
>> maintenance things are often much cheaper at the ACE/True Value.
>
> Since when? I've walked over to the local HW store and *never* have I
> found something for less there. When they have a big sale it might be
> the same. The benefit is that I can walk there, not low prices.

I just compared prices of small (under 3/4") brass pipe fittings and
adapters.

home depot on North ave cost more than the underground ace hardware
downtown on Orleans, plus ace always has a better selection of small
things like that.

Brent P

Nov 11, 2008, 12:20:11 PM11/11/08

I always see stuff like that about 1.5-2X at true value and ace stores.
Then again, how much lower could they be on a copper elbow? 2 cents?

Selection wise the hardware stores are good for some odd-ball stuff and
when you need to get just the right screw, but generally the selection
can't compare to the despot's wall of fittings.

supposedly 'peak oil' is going to put big box stores out of business
anyway :)

Cydrome Leader

Nov 11, 2008, 1:06:26 PM11/11/08
Brent P <tetraethylle...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On 2008-11-11, Cydrome Leader <pres...@MUNGEpanix.com> wrote:
>> Brent P <tetraethylle...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>>> Since when? I've walked over to the local HW store and *never* have I
>>> found something for less there. When they have a big sale it might be
>>> the same. The benefit is that I can walk there, not low prices.
>>
>> I just compared prices of small (under 3/4") brass pipe fittings and
>> adapters.
>>
>> home depot on North ave cost more than the underground ace hardware
>> downtown on Orleans, plus ace always has a better selection of small
>> things like that.
>
> I always see stuff like that about 1.5-2X at true value and ace stores.
> Then again, how much lower could they be on a copper elbow? 2 cents?

the ace was considerably cheaper than hd, it wasn't a 3 cent difference.

I was at a true value looking at the same stuff, they they were way above
the ace in price, which surprised me. I tend to think of ace as being real
costly and having anything you need no matter what.

> Selection wise the hardware stores are good for some odd-ball stuff and
> when you need to get just the right screw, but generally the selection
> can't compare to the despot's wall of fittings.

that's bullshit. hd has a wall of 560000 of the same 35 things. The actual
selection of fasteners is pretty weak compared to any hardware store, no
matter how small.

For whatever reason, many HD don't carry more than like 3 sizes of T-nuts,
and that's a pretty simple item. Stainless and brass hardware is limited
to a few bags of random crap. Cap head anything? good luck with that.

Brent P

Nov 11, 2008, 1:34:52 PM11/11/08

I've found various fittings at the despot and each type of fitting has a
small box, not a brazillian of each. The hardware stores I've gone to,
your typical ace and true values have part of one small isle where you
can dust off fittings that have been sitting there waiting for someone
to buy them since 1987.

> For whatever reason, many HD don't carry more than like 3 sizes of T-nuts,
> and that's a pretty simple item. Stainless and brass hardware is limited
> to a few bags of random crap. Cap head anything? good luck with that.

For bolts, screws, etc prepackaged = suckage and the large stores only
carry pre-packaged.

Each store type has its place, but if I had to rely on the typical local
ace or true value for everything I would be screwed.

spamtr...@gmail.com

Nov 11, 2008, 2:00:28 PM11/11/08
On Nov 11, 8:08 am, Cydrome Leader <prese...@MUNGEpanix.com> wrote:
> Brent P <tetraethylleadREMOVET...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > On 2008-11-11, spamtrap1...@gmail.com <spamtrap1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Plus, you will discover that
> >> maintenance things are often much cheaper at the ACE/True Value.
>
> > Since when?  I've walked over to the local HW store and *never* have I
> > found something for less there. When they have a big sale it might be
> > the same. The benefit is that I can walk there, not low prices.
>
> I just compared prices of small (under 3/4") brass pipe fittings and
> adapters.
>
> home depot on North ave cost more than the underground ace hardware
> downtown on Orleans, plus ace always has a better selection of small
> things like that.

Yes, exactly. Pricing and availability are much better at my local
ACE: Undersink plumbing parts, goops and cements, and garden hose
mending parts (I cut up a soaker hose to fit my flower beds, so had to
put male and female fittings on all the cut ends, along with end
caps.) Further, the Home Depot was out of all plastic waste fittings
when I needed to repair a leak under the sink. There was a forest of
bare hooks with sticky tags showing that they were supposed to have
been restocked the week before.

peteinchicago

Nov 11, 2008, 3:06:49 PM11/11/08

On Nov 11, 10:34 am, Brent P <tetraethylleadREMOVET...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> where you can dust off fittings that have been sitting there waiting for someone to buy them since 1987.

sounds like Mom's salad dressing in the Fridge..."I've got French,
Italian, Blue Cheese and Western...you'll have to look peter"

spamtr...@gmail.com

Nov 11, 2008, 3:37:53 PM11/11/08

Make your own: 2 tablespoons of lemon juice or wine vinegar, 6
tablespoons of olive oil, some dried herbs (oregano, thyme, marjoram,
dill), garlic powder, salt, pepper. Shake it up in a jar, pour on
salad, toss.

Eric

Nov 11, 2008, 4:42:38 PM11/11/08
Unk...@nomail.ltd wrote in news:2cvhh4530snioo63vtev5ern2fhf6vhhc5@
4ax.com:

Let's turn the tables a minute. Are things so tough that you have to make
a big deal about $.98? How much gas did you spend to go back to that
store, and how much time did you waste at the store as well as posting
anonymously to a newsgroup where nobody cares?

Unk...@nomail.ltd

Nov 11, 2008, 5:47:10 PM11/11/08
On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 21:42:38 +0000 (UTC), Eric <eric...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Speak for yourself asshole. Read the initial post and then crawl back
into your little room.

But first -- Fuck You Asshole!

Message has been deleted

Unk...@nomail.ltd

Nov 11, 2008, 5:50:13 PM11/11/08
wrote:

>Unk...@nomail.ltd wrote in news:2cvhh4530snioo63vtev5ern2fhf6vhhc5@

And oh yes you've now been successfully deleted from any future
readings.

Take some time and apply at Menards; you'd fit right in.

Eric

Nov 11, 2008, 5:56:35 PM11/11/08
barbie gee <boo...@nosespam.com> wrote in

> Maybe Homer Glen is stupid?
> My Menards is swell. They will graciously escort me to an aisle that
> has what I'm looking for, if I ask where something is. They open a
> register when the lines are too long. I find them to have a lot more
> in-house that I need than Home Depot does. I will comment, however,
> on how sad it is that we no longer bother with repairing the things we
> use. Those of us who know how to change a washer, or switch out a
> busted part on an appliance, find it harder and harder to find the
> parts we need. The message is to just "replace".

We have one of those mega 2 story Menards by us in Hodgkins. I hate it.
If I want to buy a light bulb, I have to go at least halfway into the
store, ride the conveyor (not an escalator) or the elevator, walk back to
the front of the store, get my light bulb, and go back the way I came.
This store now has groceries (bread, milk, canned goods) and some men's
clothing. The entrance and exit doors are half a block apart. It's too
big.

spamtr...@gmail.com

Nov 11, 2008, 6:20:41 PM11/11/08
On Nov 11, 2:48 pm, barbie gee <boo...@nosespam.com> wrote:

> My Menards is swell.  They will graciously escort me to an aisle that has
> what I'm looking for, if I ask where something is.  They open a register
> when the lines are too long.  I find them to have a lot more in-house that
> I need than Home Depot does.  I will comment, however, on how sad it is
> that we no longer bother with repairing the things we use.  Those of us
> who know how to change a washer, or switch out a busted part on an
> appliance, find it harder and harder to find the parts we need.  The
> message is to just "replace."

That's the message from the big box store. The neighborhood hardware
has the parts you need to fix what you have. You can buy exactly what
you need and no more.Plus you can get in and out without getting
exhausted. Throw them as much business as you can, so they can
continue to exist.

peteinchicago

Nov 11, 2008, 6:21:10 PM11/11/08

On Nov 11, 2:48 pm, barbie gee <boo...@nosespam.com> wrote:

> My Menards is swell.  They will graciously escort me to an aisle that has
> what I'm looking for, if I ask where something is.  They open a register

> when the lines are too long...

that's because you're a fox

you wear those tight capris and those low-cut blouses

Cydrome Leader

Nov 11, 2008, 6:23:11 PM11/11/08
spamtr...@gmail.com wrote:

> On Nov 11, 8:08?am, Cydrome Leader <prese...@MUNGEpanix.com> wrote:
>> Brent P <tetraethylleadREMOVET...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>> > Since when? ?I've walked over to the local HW store and *never* have I

>> > found something for less there. When they have a big sale it might be
>> > the same. The benefit is that I can walk there, not low prices. ?

>> I just compared prices of small (under 3/4") brass pipe fittings and
>> adapters.
>>
>> home depot on North ave cost more than the underground ace hardware
>> downtown on Orleans, plus ace always has a better selection of small
>> things like that.
>
> Yes, exactly. Pricing and availability are much better at my local
> ACE: Undersink plumbing parts, goops and cements, and garden hose
> mending parts (I cut up a soaker hose to fit my flower beds, so had to
> put male and female fittings on all the cut ends, along with end
> caps.) Further, the Home Depot was out of all plastic waste fittings
> when I needed to repair a leak under the sink. There was a forest of
> bare hooks with sticky tags showing that they were supposed to have
> been restocked the week before.

to credit of HD, the people seemed friendly, which I don't recall and they
were able to grab a scrap of the pipe the exact size I needed I needed
from the floor with no problem. It would have been some ordeal anywhere
else outside a plumbing supply place.

The tool area is no longer some cage, but the selection still seems pretty
weak overall.

The shame about places like clark and barlow is you can't see what they
have in that place, so you can't browse for junk you don't really need
that's just cool, or was made in 1987.

Gregory Morrow

Nov 11, 2008, 6:42:25 PM11/11/08

peteinchicago wrote:

------------------

GM replies:

"Boobie show in the 'fastener' aisle...!!!"

--
Best
Greg

" I find Greg Morrow lowbrow, witless, and obnoxious. For him to claim that
we are some
kind of comedy team turns my stomach."
- "cybercat" to me on rec.food.cooking

Huey

Nov 11, 2008, 8:33:43 PM11/11/08
In article <gfchj2$q15$1...@reader1.panix.com>, pres...@MUNGEpanix.com
says...>

exactly. whenever I need 1/4" or 1/8" pipe fittings I go to Ace. Not to
mention that the people at the small hardware stores are infinately more
knowledgeable than the kids at hd, menards, lowes, etc.

--
HUey

Huey

Nov 11, 2008, 8:35:24 PM11/11/08
In article <Xns9B53AC...@209.100.225.158>, eric...@gmail.com
says...>
>store, ride the conveyor...

you should walk, tiny. the exercise will do you good.

--
HUey

Huey

Nov 11, 2008, 8:36:44 PM11/11/08
In article <ar2dncF2jYT5i4fU...@earthlink.com>,
ccjj...@xqqrehhhll.jp says...>

>peteinchicago wrote:
>
>On Nov 11, 2:48 pm, barbie gee <boo...@nosespam.com> wrote:
>
>> My Menards is swell. They will graciously escort me to an aisle that has
>> what I'm looking for, if I ask where something is. They open a register
>> when the lines are too long...
>
>that's because you're a fox
>
>you wear those tight capris and those low-cut blouses

and high heels

--
HUey

Brent P

Nov 11, 2008, 8:38:05 PM11/11/08
On 2008-11-12, Huey <hue...@gmail.com> wrote:

> exactly. whenever I need 1/4" or 1/8" pipe fittings I go to Ace. Not to
> mention that the people at the small hardware stores are infinately more
> knowledgeable than the kids at hd, menards, lowes, etc.

Every small hardware store I've been too mostly has teenagers working
there... they could be smarter teenagers I suppose.

Huey

Nov 11, 2008, 8:56:54 PM11/11/08
In article <k6-dnRH1vaHgrofU...@comcast.com>,
tetraethylle...@yahoo.com says...>

not where i go but that could be an exception i suppose.

--
HUey

max

Nov 11, 2008, 11:58:05 PM11/11/08
In article <MPG.2383ef28c...@news.west.earthlink.net>,
Huey <hue...@gmail.com> wrote:

If you go to the area where they have all the doors, you can find good
places to make out.

--
This signature can be appended to your outgoing mesages. Many people include in
their signatures contact information, and perhaps a joke or quotation.

peteinchicago

Nov 12, 2008, 11:24:08 AM11/12/08

On Nov 11, 5:36 pm, Huey <hue...@gmail.com> wrote:

> and high heels
>
> --
> HUey

next time i go to Menards
i'm definitely taking barb

--
i got dibbs

spamtr...@gmail.com

Nov 12, 2008, 12:43:15 PM11/12/08
On Nov 11, 5:56 pm, Huey <hue...@gmail.com> wrote:
> In article <k6-dnRH1vaHgrofUnZ2dnUVZ_o_in...@comcast.com>,
> tetraethylleadREMOVET...@yahoo.com says...>

> >On 2008-11-12, Huey <hue...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> exactly.  whenever I need 1/4" or 1/8" pipe fittings I go to Ace.  Not to
> >> mention that the people at the small hardware stores are infinately more
> >> knowledgeable than the kids at hd, menards, lowes, etc.
>
> >Every small hardware store I've been too mostly has teenagers working
> >there... they could be smarter teenagers I suppose.
>
> not where i go but that could be an exception i suppose.

Where I go the weekend cashiers are all high school foxes. The young
guys do the grunt work; there are older guys to ask when you want to
know how to do something.

Chicago Paddling-Fishing

Nov 12, 2008, 12:43:30 PM11/12/08
barbie gee <boo...@nosespam.com> wrote:

>On Tue, 11 Nov 2008, Eric wrote:

>Maybe Homer Glen is stupid?

>My Menards is swell. They will graciously escort me to an aisle that has
>what I'm looking for, if I ask where something is. They open a register

>when the lines are too long. I find them to have a lot more in-house that
>I need than Home Depot does. I will comment, however, on how sad it is
>that we no longer bother with repairing the things we use. Those of us
>who know how to change a washer, or switch out a busted part on an
>appliance, find it harder and harder to find the parts we need. The
>message is to just "replace".

Well, in many cases, you can no longer just replace a washer... but even for
a washerless faucet, they do sell replacement innards as we did replace one
once, but the parts are harder to find...

For appliances, we call the appliance guy to come out and fix it... only when
the guy says "Don't call me again for this thing" do we seek out new (we got
that reply once for one of the lower priced line maytag dishwasters we had as
we seem to go thru dishwashers more than any other appliance).

--
John Nelson
Chicago Area Paddling/Fishing Page
http://www.chicagopaddling.org http://www.chicagofishing.org
(A Non-Commercial Web Site: No Sponsors, No Paid Ads and Nothing to Sell)

Eric

Nov 12, 2008, 1:07:48 PM11/12/08
Cydrome Leader <pres...@MUNGEpanix.com> wrote in

It totally depends on the store. A smaller HD in Countryside is staffed
with mostly helpful people. The larger HD in Broadview is another story.
Staff will duck away to avoid helping you and they close all the
registers and leave only the self checkouts open on a busy Sunday
afternoon. The Broadview store has been like this for years.

Eric

Nov 12, 2008, 1:02:36 PM11/12/08
Unk...@nomail.ltd wrote in

That's ok, you'll be gone in a couple days after you're done with your
hissy fit.

I suggest YOU apply at Menards since things are so tight in your
household. I'm not throwing a tantrum over 98 cents.

Eric

Nov 12, 2008, 1:00:57 PM11/12/08
Unk...@nomail.ltd wrote in

I'm surprised the library computer lets you use that kind of language,
since someone so worried about 98 cents surely can't afford even dial up
internet.

kenji

Nov 16, 2008, 9:28:39 AM11/16/08
In article <Xns9B547A...@209.100.225.158>,
Eric <eric...@gmail.com> wrote:

My grandpappy used to pull silver dollars from my ears when I was young.

Dang it, I miss gramps.

kenji

Nov 16, 2008, 9:30:29 AM11/16/08
In article <Pine.LNX.4.64.08...@sghcrg.sghcrg.pbz>,
barbie gee <boo...@nosespam.com> wrote:

> Maybe Homer Glen is stupid?
> My Menards is swell. They will graciously escort me to an aisle that has
> what I'm looking for, if I ask where something is. They open a register
> when the lines are too long.

Does your Menards give you digital stimulation if you ask for it?

Not kidding, I got edged real good once back by the rolls of tar paper.
All I had to do was ask.

full service!

kenji

Nov 16, 2008, 9:31:56 AM11/16/08
In article <6p2kh4148d8304en3...@4ax.com>,
Unk...@nomail.ltd wrote:

> Speak for yourself asshole. Read the initial post and then crawl back
> into your little room.
>
> But first -- Fuck You Asshole!

do you have a vagina or a penis?

kenji

Nov 16, 2008, 9:33:52 AM11/16/08
In article <Xns9B547B...@209.100.225.158>,
Eric <eric...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The larger HD in Broadview is another story.

I bet this is a comment about black folk.

tert in seattle

Nov 16, 2008, 10:32:16 AM11/16/08

wohse gonna miss Kenji after he's gone to the great chatroom in the sky?

I sure will, dang it

Huey

Nov 16, 2008, 12:14:36 PM11/16/08
In article <kenji-93F6D6.08315616112008@localhost>, ke...@ripco.com
says...>

good question. how about you?

--
HUey

kenji

Nov 16, 2008, 10:04:05 PM11/16/08
In article <MPG.238a10f92...@news.west.earthlink.net>,
Huey <hue...@gmail.com> wrote:

come over here and suck yer wife's dick!

Huey

Nov 17, 2008, 11:06:01 AM11/17/08
In article <kenji-60E818.21040516112008@localhost>, ke...@ripco.com
says...>
>In article <MPG.238a10f92...@news.west.earthlink.net>,
> Huey <hue...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> In article <kenji-93F6D6.08315616112008@localhost>, ke...@ripco.com
>> says...>

>> >do you have a vagina or a penis?
>>
>> good question. how about you?
>
>come over here and suck yer wife's dick!

heh

--
HUey

peteinchicago

Nov 17, 2008, 11:39:13 AM11/17/08

On Nov 16, 6:28 am, kenji <ke...@ripco.com> wrote:

> My grandpappy used to pull silver dollars from my ears when I was young.

> Dang it, I miss gramps.

i only got nickels

Granpa died in 1953...i was five

He was laid out in the house for three days...boy i'll never forget
THAT wake

Eric

Nov 17, 2008, 4:35:16 PM11/17/08
kenji <ke...@ripco.com> wrote in news:kenji-81B97A.08335216112008
@localhost:

Nope, just compare for yourself.

Harry Ipema

Nov 27, 2008, 11:09:27 AM11/27/08

>We have one of those mega 2 story Menards by us in Hodgkins. I hate it.
>If I want to buy a light bulb, I have to go at least halfway into the
>store, ride the conveyor (not an escalator) or the elevator, walk back to
>the front of the store, get my light bulb, and go back the way I came.
>This store now has groceries (bread, milk, canned goods) and some men's
>clothing. The entrance and exit doors are half a block apart. It's too
>big.

This comment is from a clown who makes a big deal about a post that is
not about 98 cents but rather a Menard's attitude while he, perhaps
even a she or resembling one, comments about walking a couple of extra
steps.

Take a walk kiddo, you might accomplish a couple of things like
thinking and loosing weight that you obviously need to loose. It
might also keep you away from the table for a while.

Jean Smith

Nov 27, 2008, 12:16:22 PM11/27/08
In article <cahti41sjj40l0pn4...@4ax.com>,
Harry Ipema <harry...@teeitup.com> wrote:

They need a drive-thru lane for Harry. Or would reviving Service
Merchandise be good enough?

Free weights are good exercise.

--
http://weather.weatherbug.com/ http://weather.gov http://redcrossrelief.org
http://www.vonbrauncenter.com/pages/event_calendar/ev.html

smr

Nov 29, 2008, 10:52:53 AM11/29/08

Man. HUey sure don't like Eric none, does he?

--
smr

Huey

Nov 29, 2008, 2:50:00 PM11/29/08
In article <slrngj2pa...@ftupet.ftupet.com>, s...@ftupet.com says...>

are you implying that harry ipema is me? for the record I am not Harry
(hairy yes) and Harry is not HUey.

--
HUey

smr

Nov 30, 2008, 10:11:00 PM11/30/08

Whatever you say fuckcake.

--
smr

Huey

Dec 1, 2008, 12:47:10 PM12/1/08
In article <slrngj6le...@ftupet.ftupet.com>, s...@ftupet.com says...>

i'm telling the truth, shrek

--
HUey

Eric

Dec 1, 2008, 1:08:54 PM12/1/08
Huey <hue...@gmail.com> wrote in

I dunno HUey, he's got your routine down.

I think it's the tightwad that was posting anonymously about his/her $.98
loss at Menards.

Huey

Dec 1, 2008, 1:33:02 PM12/1/08
In article <Xns9B677B...@209.100.225.158>, eric...@gmail.com
says...>

not sure who you're talking about but harry is not my sock puppet.

--
HUey

Eric

Dec 1, 2008, 2:17:51 PM12/1/08
Huey <hue...@gmail.com> wrote in

No, I didn't think he was. See the second line of my post.

smr

Dec 1, 2008, 2:22:50 PM12/1/08

Sure thing, "Harry".

--