French Quarter Dressing At Jewel?

Lou Decruss

Dec 1, 2009, 12:13:20 PM12/1/09
Anyone see it anymore? I'm not a big fan but it was a staple here
until it disappeared from the coolers. Everyone called it "white
sauce." I know a few families that loved it also and everyone says
they haven't seen it for a year or so.

Any leads?

Lou

spamtrap1888

Dec 1, 2009, 12:42:06 PM12/1/09

Who made it?

I'm still mad they cut out Brooks Tangy Ketchup. But I can buy it
online if I have to.

Adam H. Kerman

Dec 1, 2009, 3:59:37 PM12/1/09
spamtrap1888 <spamtr...@gmail.com> wrote:

>I'm still mad they cut out Brooks Tangy Ketchup. But I can buy it
>online if I have to.

I used to like that but no longer buy anything with corn syrup in it.

A small brand I found at some Certified grocery stores is Tree of Life.

Also the Polish grocery store near me has some excellent ketchups.

Lou Decruss

Dec 1, 2009, 4:15:04 PM12/1/09
On Tue, 1 Dec 2009 09:42:06 -0800 (PST), spamtrap1888
<spamtr...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Dec 1, 9:13�am, Lou Decruss <LouDecr...@biteme.com> wrote:
>> Anyone see it anymore? �I'm not a big fan but it was a staple here
>> until it disappeared from the coolers. �Everyone called it "white
>> sauce." �I know a few families that loved it also and everyone says
>> they haven't seen it for a year or so.
>>
>> Any leads?
>>
>> Lou
>
>Who made it?

It was their "chefs kitchen" brand. They kept it in the refrigerator
by the higher end cheeses and pre-made party trays. I don't care for
Jewel but that was one thing we'd get there all the time.

>I'm still mad they cut out Brooks Tangy Ketchup. But I can buy it
>online if I have to.

Haven't had that in a long time but I think I've seen it in a dollar
store. Not sure which one it was though. If you get out to the burbs
you might try Valli produce. They've got loads of stuff. They're
produce and deli prices are half of what Jewel and Dominics are.

http://www.valliproduce.com/

Lou

kenji

Dec 1, 2009, 4:42:38 PM12/1/09
In article <hf403p$ch9$5...@news.albasani.net>,

which squarehead store might that be? I've been to almost all of them.

Lou Decruss

Dec 1, 2009, 9:02:17 PM12/1/09

Why do you need a tip then? You should be telling us.

Lou

kenji

Dec 1, 2009, 9:08:44 PM12/1/09
In article <qjibh5l82ng3h8n0v...@4ax.com>,
Lou Decruss <LouDe...@biteme.com> wrote:

I'm leading in to where the Lord and Master of Usenet shops for his
daily grind.

Get a clue, Lou, sheesh.

Lou Decruss

Dec 2, 2009, 1:19:25 PM12/2/09

Leading? Is this like a "to be continued" soap opera type thing?
Sorry I'm not able to watch tomorrow.

Lou

kenji

Dec 2, 2009, 2:10:08 PM12/2/09
In article <6pbdh5h1tsoao080r...@4ax.com>,
Lou Decruss <LouDe...@biteme.com> wrote:

that's too bad, Louis. We have it going on here on chi.*

Adam H. Kerman

Dec 2, 2009, 4:02:55 PM12/2/09
Lou Decruss <LouDe...@biteme.com> wrote:
>On Tue, 01 Dec 2009 20:08:44 -0600, kenji <ke...@ripco.com> wrote:
>>Lou Decruss <LouDe...@biteme.com> wrote:

>>>Why do you need a tip then? You should be telling us.

>>I'm leading in to where the Lord and Master of Usenet shops for his
>>daily grind.

>Leading? Is this like a "to be continued" soap opera type thing?
>Sorry I'm not able to watch tomorrow.

Ludicrous, could you stop telling us that you're gonna stop troll feeding
that asshole tomorrow and ACTUALLY stop troll feeding him today by
not posting followups to his insipid comments? Or just continue to troll
feed without claiming you're going to stop as you don't mean it?

I really don't care if you feed the troll or not. But this is the second
time you've threatened to stop troll feeding, so you're on the verge of
becoming fairly annoying yourself.

If you're going to troll feed, then do it with heart and soul.

Adam H. Kerman

Dec 2, 2009, 4:04:24 PM12/2/09
Lou Decruss <LouDe...@biteme.com> wrote:
>spamtrap1888 <spamtr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>On Dec 1, 9:13 am, Lou Decruss <LouDecr...@biteme.com> wrote:

>>>Anyone see it anymore? �I'm not a big fan but it was a staple here
>>>until it disappeared from the coolers. �Everyone called it "white
>>>sauce." �I know a few families that loved it also and everyone says
>>>they haven't seen it for a year or so.

>>>Any leads?

>>Who made it?

>It was their "chefs kitchen" brand. They kept it in the refrigerator
>by the higher end cheeses and pre-made party trays. I don't care for
>Jewel but that was one thing we'd get there all the time.

Then that explains it. Their store-brand stuff is Supervalu now.

kenji

Dec 2, 2009, 4:06:49 PM12/2/09
In article <hf6klv$ivj$2...@news.albasani.net>,

yer LEAN like my corned beef sandwich was today

Lou Decruss

Dec 2, 2009, 6:27:47 PM12/2/09

Thanks. I'll stop looking for it then. Did they keep the chefs
kitchen name and just change suppliers?

Lou

Adam H. Kerman

Dec 2, 2009, 9:29:31 PM12/2/09

I haven't looked to see what labels they are using now on store brands.

Ysadora Tinker

Nov 7, 2020, 9:31:42 AM11/7/20
My father loved that French Quarter dressing from Jewel! He always had some in the fridge. It makes great slaw. The company that made it is called Mickelberry. Apparently they discontinued their salad line. The dressing was a version of ranch. It's worth finding a good ranch recipe and experimenting with it to get just the right French Quarter taste. I find blending mayo, buttermilk and sour cream produces the right flavor and texture for the base.

sticks

Nov 8, 2020, 10:39:12 AM11/8/20
On 11/7/2020 8:31 AM, Ysadora Tinker wrote:
> On Thursday, December 3, 2009 at 3:29:31 AM UTC+1, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
>> Lou Decruss <LouDe...@biteme.com> wrote:

Hey Tinker,

Lot of things have changed here since 2009. For starters Adam is in
self imposed exile, and Lou has passed on (RIP)