Battlebots premier viewing tonight

1 view

Jeff Johnson

May 11, 2018, 8:47:16 AM5/11/18
to Chattlab-Members, chattlab-list
I started a new thread since the last one had "please read" in the title.

Anyway, we're probably going to have 30-40 people tonight.  We have about 21 commitments on meetup, and the number is "normally" double what the RSVP is.

I picked up 4 appetizers (smokies, meatballs, 2 kinds of chicken wings) and a veggie plate.  Also about ten 2 liter bottles of soda, which will be a little light for that many people.

If you have something you'd like to bring, please do so.  Cookies/brownies are always easy and popular.

If any are able to get there around 5'sh to help set up, It'd be appreciated.  We still need to work out audio for the show because the TV looks nice, but sounds crappy.

Thanks.
Jeff

Jeff Johnson

May 11, 2018, 9:31:24 AM5/11/18
to Michael Arnold, Chattlab-Members, chattlab-list
Thanks MIchael, I'd defer to Brian (on this list)  He's been e-chatting with me off list.  He's an AV guy at the company he works at.

On Fri, May 11, 2018 at 9:30 AM, Michael Arnold <eff...@gmail.com> wrote:
Jeff, I have those 2-way ceiling speakers i got from a thrift store that we can use temporarily. They have mounting holes that could easily be hung from a rafter and they sound very good for what they are.

Batman doesn't fight you, he happens to you!

Brian Newman

May 11, 2018, 1:57:13 PM5/11/18
to Ted Tolman, Dennis Martin, Chattlab-Members, Jeff Johnson, chattlab-list
I think I have everything to run sound from the Firestick to the amp. I'm gonna go down right now (1:56 pm) and see.

Brian Newman

On Fri, May 11, 2018 at 1:41 PM, Ted Tolman <tedt...@gmail.com> wrote:
I don't think it's speakers we lack. Any speakers (unless self amplified) will require some sort of amplifier. I think all that needs to happen is some RCA cable run from the right/left out on the back of the TV, to the amplifier on the shelf that we use for listening to music in the space. I have some fairly long ones in my storage box, but I doubt simple RCA cabling is something we lack. I haven't been down since the TV was mounted. Is it near the amp? Will it be a long run?

On Fri, May 11, 2018 at 11:12 AM Dennis Martin <den...@pappskalle.com> wrote:
I dropped off some speakers maybe we could use them