Small radiator, or heater core needed for cooling.

Jason Brown

May 27, 2014, 9:41:02 AM5/27/14
to chattl...@googlegroups.com
I just ordered a new spindle for the CNC router, it is a nice water cooled model with tons of power. I'm looking for a small radiator or heat exchanger like device to assist in cooling. Something like a car heater core would be perfect.  Even an old computer water cooling radiator would work.

Does anyone have something like that lying around?
We will need a second one eventually when we build our laser cutter too.

--Jason

Nicholas Lombardy

May 27, 2014, 11:48:47 AM5/27/14
to chattl...@googlegroups.com

I may have a used AC condenser soon... AFAIK, it doesn't leak fast. Should be plenty sealed for water...

Jason Brown

May 27, 2014, 12:18:29 PM5/27/14
to chattl...@googlegroups.com
I think that would also work just fine.

Tim Youngblood

May 31, 2014, 6:46:44 PM5/31/14
to chattl...@googlegroups.com
I have a radiator that is brand new and perfect for this. We have it at the space.

Tim Youngblood
Chatt*lab Makerspace
Chattanooga TN

Follow our Community on Google+!