Great job guys.

Jeff Johnson

Oct 13, 2014, 7:11:19 PM10/13/14
to chattl...@googlegroups.com
I've been a hacker for awhile now, but Chattanooga Mini Maker Faire was my first 'Faire.  Great job by the coordinators and all the sponsors.  It was very fun participating.

Tim Jason and Kit (and others I may have forgotten) did an AWESOME job on that bot arena.  It was a quality build and great design.

Oh, and Kit and Jason put together several bots building to the last minute, with some built THAT VERY MORNING.  Just an all around great effort.  I may try to get a bot (or victim) for next years battle.

I hope to help more next year as time allows.  Maybe we can use that old controller station that ECI donated to make into a control panel to control hazards if it's decided to add them to the arena.  Gary Pool, the announcer mentioned that we should add hazards, but I wasn't sure if that was in the long term plans or not.

Jason Brown

Oct 13, 2014, 7:40:41 PM10/13/14
to chattl...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Jeff! Yes, some hazards and extra interest are definitely needed. The crowds love them and they can speed up boring matches.  I like the concept of using the control station for hazard control, but portability of the arena is a big concern. It would add another bulky item to deal with.  Perhaps there is a way around that.

--Jason

Jason Brown

Oct 13, 2014, 7:41:51 PM10/13/14
to chattl...@googlegroups.com
Also, I am glad you made it down! It was good to see you again and to meet your better half!

--Jason

Tim Youngblood

Oct 14, 2014, 11:40:42 AM10/14/14
to chattl...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Jeff. We are definitely ready to move on to other projects. It has taken a long time to build and was a design challenge for sure. I'm just happy that we have an arena locally now for our own use and for the community.
--

Tim Youngblood
Chatt*lab Makerspace
Chattanooga TN

Follow our Community on Google+!

Don't just do something, stand there

Jeff Johnson

Oct 14, 2014, 12:25:54 PM10/14/14
to chattl...@googlegroups.com
If we did a set of harzards, would it make sense to make a section that sits between the stage and the arena?  That way it could be used with or without it.  Portability would be an issue, so they would have to be made in pieces, but that has the benefit of having hazards be interchangable between blades, or popups etc.  The way you guys designed that thing it could be done a number of ways.