My Entity height data is sea-level, but Cesium thinks in height above ellipsoid.

tho...@gmail.com

Mar 24, 2015, 10:48:45 AM3/24/15
to cesiu...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I've noticed a disagreement between my height data in my CZML (sea level values) and the calculated (interpolated) height reported at runtime ( I see the runtime values by attaching a listener and watching the Entity position change as the Entity travels).

So, we know that height is taken as height above ellipsoid ( see http://cesiumjs.org/Cesium/Build/Documentation/Cartographic.html ), and that the ellipoid does not necessarily follow sea level.

Question: Do I need to attach a terrain provider to correct this problem?

Thanks !

Aaron Bird

Mar 24, 2015, 4:53:20 PM3/24/15
to cesiu...@googlegroups.com, tho...@gmail.com
I posted a similar question a while back.  This may help

Message has been deleted

tho...@gmail.com

Mar 24, 2015, 5:22:14 PM3/24/15
to cesiu...@googlegroups.com, tho...@gmail.com

I found that discussion, which is very good. Thanks. The title is "CesiumTerrainProvider V VRTheWorldTerrainProvider Heights"

Thanks Aaron!

Hyper Sonic

Mar 24, 2015, 5:54:58 PM3/24/15
to cesiu...@googlegroups.com, tho...@gmail.com
Links to posts don't work if you use the cesiumjs.org domain, though I see that tho managed to find it anyways. That's why instead of going to http://cesiumjs.org/forum.html I goto https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/cesium-dev instead as making links from there actually work.

This just leads to main forum page

This is what google groups gives as a link

Then it changes to this form once entered

I tried removing the last character on the link but it wouldn't work anymore.

Hyper Sonic

Mar 24, 2015, 6:01:06 PM3/24/15
to cesiu...@googlegroups.com, tho...@gmail.com
I tried changing all the %2F to forward slashes
But it still didn't work.