EPSG 2180 ellipsoid

sank...@gmail.com

Sep 24, 2018, 2:40:42 AM9/24/18
to cesium-dev
I'm trying to load a wmts layer with epsg 2180 but the layer is getting misplaced,position is not accurate,the layer is mapping somewhere else.Can i set the ellipsoid to follow EPSG2180. Or is there any other way to load these layers exactly at the position.

Omar Shehata

Sep 24, 2018, 10:56:07 AM9/24/18
to cesium-dev
CesiumJS currently only supports web mercator and WGS84. There is an issue open for adding support for more, see the discussion here:

For now you might have to reproject your data before loading it in.

sank...@gmail.com

Sep 25, 2018, 4:57:41 AM9/25/18
to cesium-dev
Thanks for the reply omar,Is there any chance of support for other projections in cesium in future.
And do you have any idea about the reprojection of wmts or any approach to achieve this.

Omar Shehata

Sep 25, 2018, 9:24:14 AM9/25/18
to cesium-dev
We'd definitely love to support more projections, especially since it seems like a commonly requested feature. I don't think there is a timeline for it at the moment though.

As for reprojecting, you can use a tool like GDAL (https://www.gdal.org/gdalwarp.html). You can google for some examples but this utility seems to allow you to read from any projection and output to any other.

I also found this Open Layers example (https://openlayers.org/en/latest/examples/reprojection.html) which might be nice for debugging/visualizing, I'm not sure if there's an easy way to export the tiles back out.

Scott Reynolds

Sep 25, 2018, 9:45:24 AM9/25/18
to cesium-dev
Assuming you don't host the WMTS yourself, you could use GeoServer to perform the reprojection as a "Cascading WMTS" as described http://docs.geoserver.org/stable/en/user/data/cascaded/wmts.html.