Orientation of a cone understanding

medbe...@gmail.com

Oct 2, 2018, 11:55:26 AM10/2/18
to cesium-dev

Hello All,

We are trying to draw a cone with its axis aligned to a certain vector in the inertial frame. Does anyone know how to do this ?
We have tried specifying its orientation with quaternions but we are not sure of what the quaternion is specified with respect to !

Thank you

Omar Shehata

Oct 4, 2018, 8:05:10 AM10/4/18
to cesium-dev
Hey!

Have you taken a look at the Transforms class? Specifically, Transforms.headingPitchRollQuaternion:

This should allow you to specify a heading, pitch & roll rotation from a fixed frame. There's also an example usage underneath it. Try it out and let me know if that solves your problem!